Thursday, May 14, 2009

Piano Recital

Hayden and Kara did a great job at the piano recital! Hayden did a great job with his loud, soft, fast, and slow PIRATE SONG!

Hayden did not want to get all dressed up for the recital. He told me he was suppose to dress like a Pirate since his song was about Pirates. I said "really that is what your teacher said!" He says, "Yes she told me to dress like a PIRATE!" I was beginning to panic a bit, because I had not planned on dressing him up like a pirate. After he could tell the stress I was feeling he told me she really had not told him to dress like a pirate, but could he "please where something besides this silly outfit." I said "Fine, but hurry up!" He ended up wearing the silly outfit I had laid out, but did a whole lot of whining while he dressed!
The funny thing is Hayden has never even thought about what he wears, he always tells me to go get his clothes because he hates to even look in his closet to pick his outfit.
Kara was able to use her music because she only had the music for a few days before the performance. She did a great job and was not one bit scared. I think she loved every minute!

I thought she looked so cute. I wish you could have seen her do her little bow and announce herself and her song. Kara on the other hand was very excited to get all dressed up!


We love their piano teacher. She is so nice and the kids just love her and she has really motivated them to practice all on their own with out whining! Now that's what I call a great Piano Teacher(:

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Awesome! I can't wait for Kade to learn! He will be so ready in the summer for something challenging and what a great talent to have! Besides it helps them learn tones and be better at singing too! :)