Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa visits and the Church Party!

I'm trying to think of something exciting about this party, but I can't. We arrived a little late in full snow gear as we had pulled the kids behind the car on their sleds. The primary did a little musical number, it was so short I can't even remember the song. I think it was over by the time I got back to my seat.
I am not sure my kids even sang. Halle had a little moral support from a little friend.

Grandma and Grandpa came with Tiger!

Much more fun to sit with Grandma, Grandpa and Tiger!

I remembered my camera so I had to take a bunch of pictures. Hayden likes to be a big brother!

This year my kids could hardly wait to sit on Santa's lap. No one was scared and they were prepared with exactly what they wanted. I don't think we even saw Santa last year. We never go to the mall anymore so there really is not anywhere to see Santa.
Kelton some how was in the front of the line. I told him to come back and wait with us and he said, "Why, there isn't a line mom, all these people are just cutting." There really was a line I don't know what he was thinking.
Kara trying to keep her embarrassment under control. What they'll do to make sure their wish gets to the right person! Hayden decided he would skip sitting on Santa's lap. I guess he thinks he is too big!
Halle was sitting in the car with me as we dropped Kara off at piano. She had her Barbie with her. She yelled to me (not a surprise, I think she only knows how to yell) "I need to get out of the car!!!!" I said, "No were just dropping Kara off." She said, "Mom, my sister wants to play in the snow!" She calls her Barbies and any girl doll or girl friend her sister. Every time she talks about her sisters it makes me smile!
We also had a fun drive out to see some Christmas lights. Halle was so excited she could hardly stand it! She loved all the lights! We decided to venture outside the neighborhood to see some lights that were suppose to be really cool. The kids decided to fight the entire way! Then they decided to whine about everything under the sun! Hayden ended up grounded by the time we got home, Halle fell asleep (thank goodness she yelled so much I thought my head would explode), Kelton cried himself to sleep (because he did not get to stand near the cliff), and Kara stated "Why is everyone yelling and fighting so much when we should all be being nice this time of year." She did her fare share of fighting and whining too. I wasn't too happy either since it was freezing outside, but we had to ride with the windows down most of the way to endure the bad smell Brent was causing in the car.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my, I loved this post. It really made me laugh. Your description of your evening looking at lights is hilarious.
This post will be a favorite for sure.
I loved that pic of Halle and Alex. How sweet. I was bummed we missed the party.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

LOL I love the 'real'ness about going to see the lights!!! We always think our kids will love things like that, but it's torture for everyone lol soooo funny Ali!

I also love that Halle calls her dolls sister lolll so cute. Teach her to say it like this 'seestah' It'll be so cute!!!! lol :) Love ya!

Laura said...

Your ward party looked fun, but I'm with you, I always wish the kids could sing longer! Darling pictures with Santa.
Merry Christmas Hucks Family!