Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY HALLE POOH!!!!

Our little Halle was sooooo excited for her Birthday!! She had been waiting and waiting for this day to arrive! I think she began to think the day would never arrive! She even began to wonder if we were all just using the words "it is almost your Birthday" to keep from buying her anything at the store. We would say maybe you'll get that for your birthday! It seems like a good way for them to deal with not getting something that they really want. It is like in the back of there little minds they have a little hope so they can leave the store with out throwing a big tantrum.

On December 21st one day before the big day, Halle went to my mom's to play. My brother had given her(my mom) some sugar cookies that he and a friend had decorated with a few Reese's pieces. They look like plane M&M's, so when Halle asked my mom if she could have a sugar cookie my mom said sure! Halle took one bite and spit the Reese's pieces out, but it was enough to send her little body into a crazy allergic reaction of vomiting, and wheezing. I seriously was scared out of my mind and I thought how horrible it would be to lose my spunky little girl the day before her 4th birthday. We ran her to the Doctor down the street and he helped get her to a point that we did not have to take her to the hospital. She was really bad and I realized how short life could really be. It made the day of her birthday even better, because I really did think she might die the day before. We are so grateful for our Excited, Happy, Mad, Spunky, Emotional, Lovable, Crazy, little red head Halle! Happy Birthday! I hope your always this excited about life!
We had a princess party and we invited just a few little girls to have lunch, make necklaces, decorate cookies, paint fingernails and faces!

The girls at the party all dressed up! I love how excited little children get! It makes everything so much fun!
The girls before lunch. They really liked drinking out of the wine glasses and nobody spilled.

Cheese!

I know I mentioned this before, but my sister is an excellent face painter! I seriously am not even joking about this, so I am going to go ahead and tell you if you need someone at your next party call her!!! She will even dress up like a princess (I'm sure she charges a little extra for that, but it would be worth it)(":

Halle has the Frog and the Princess painted on her cheeks. My brothers little girl said absolutely not to getting anything painted on her!! Another little girl told us her mom does not allow face painting!!!! I thought that was so funny!

Everyone was excited about their gifts and all the girls were so nice and kind! They must have good parents.


Brent even did a little dancing with the girls which is always a hit! Halle said to Brent on the phone after he had gotten stuck in Las Vegas (I really should blog about that it is hilarious) "Daddy I really need you to come home!! I want to dance with you!!" I think it melted his heart, because she yells at him most of the time(:

Next we had a family party, and Halle was sooo excited! She wanted the Three Musketeers Barbie and she was really hoping that she would get it!!!
Oh by the way I'm sure your wondering where I bought the cake! Well, actually me and my mom made it! I know it's hard to believe that we could make such a beautiful cake. You should have tasted it too. The perfect mix of coconut, gumballs, dry cake, cream cheese, and star burst. I have to say it just left you wanting for more!!!!!

Halle was still recovering from her peanut reaction so blowing out the candles was quite the feat!


Nanny and Grace(98 years old, sorry but I just had to include that) really in awe at the necklaces we made during the party. Wouldn't you love to show your work to them? You would feel like you were an artist! They also marveled over my food too so I felt like a great cook (even though I'm not(:)
This girl is fun to give gifts too. The excitement explodes from her. She was having a hard time containing herself. This is a little Fairy she got from her Manny in Utah!!
Aunt Natalie gave her this cute baby! I think Halle will be a good mommy she loves babies!

Then the moment she had been waiting for she opened a Three Musketeers Barbie from Grandma and Grandpa, and then she opened another Three Musketeers Barbie from Nanny and then another one from Mom and Dad. She was so excited!! WOW what a birthday!

Hayden and Kara also bought her jewelry from the school store with their own money. They were very proud of their gifts, and I was so happy they thought of buying something for her with their money that they had been carefully saving. Kara offered to let Kelton go in on her gift with her, but he decided he did not want to spend his money he would rather save his money and give her the roller skates that he new I had bought for her, for the kids to give to her. I guess we have a little work to do on him(:

Kara could not believe HAllE had gotten all 3 of the Three Musketeers Barbies! She was utterly in shock! It was rather funny!! I have to say it was a great day! Thanks to my Mom, Dad, Natalie, Brent, Hayden, Kara, and Kelton for helping me make Halle's birthday amazing for her!!
By the way Halle does not allow us to call her Halle pooh or stinky pants any longer. She thinks those are horrific names. We are allowed, however to call her sweet flower!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That is so scary for me how allergic she is to peanuts! This is why I ask you 9 million times if she can have fish crackers or pretzels or apple slices! ;) I am so glad she is ok and had a great birthday! She is sure a fun little spunky girl, we are going to miss her for sure in our class!

Lyric Payne said...

What a great 4th birthday. I just have to tell you how sweet I thought it was that she brought hot chocolate out for Sophie after sledding. What a thoughtful little girl.

The Hyde's said...

Halle has grown up so much! She is such a cute little girl. What a scary experience. I did not realize she had a peanut allergy. Hope your Christmas was great and you have a great year in 2010. We miss you guys down here in Vegas!