Friday, December 4, 2009

Kid talk!

First of all the boys made the bus today and Kara missed it, so that is the reason for just the cute picture of her. It is a balmy 20 degrees out today! So my cute little Kara was eating Breakfast and wanted to make a necklace for her friend that sits by her on the bus. As we are talking we find out Kara's little friend is in cousin Reggie's class. Kelton then chimes in with "She has a crush on Reggie" Kara says, "who told you that?" Kelton says, "Reggie!" Then Kara says, "I think its Reggie that has a crush on her!" I then said, "what does it mean to have a crush on someone?" They both said, "it means you love them" I said, "what does it mean if you love them?" Kelton said, "it means you want to kiss them", and Kara said, "and you want to marry them." I then said, "Do you have any crushes?" They both said, "NO way!" Kelton then chimed in with "remember mom I am never getting married!" I said, "then you will have to live all alone." He seemed fine with this. Kara then chimed in with, "and you will have to clean your house all by yourself (good thinking Kara that should make any boy want to get married!) and who will turn the TV on for you ?" Kelton quickly said, "I can turn the TV on all by myself, even the big one (Brent has our TV's all rigged up so it is impressive that he can get the TV on since I can't even get it on.)
Kara has a hard time keeping her eyes open for any picture! She came home giggling from her friends house and talking about how much fun she had playing. Aunt Natalie said, "what did you do? She said, "we just laughed and laughed."

I can't believe this little girl is going to be 4! She is so excited about her birthday! She wants to have a Musketeers party and invite all her friends and cousins. She keeps her purse stocked with all the essentials! She must have looked inside her aunt Natalie's purse and Grandmas purse because my purse definitely is not that well stocked!!


Her friend let her barrow this little dress and she did not want to take it off. Tights, leo, burlesque seems like a comfy little outfit to me!
Yesterday I took Halle to the Dr. and she looked up at me while the Dr. was talking to us and says "Mom why do you have all those bumps on your forehead?" Not wanting to go into the details of hormones etc. I said, "some people just get bumps on their face." She seemed O.K. with it and the Dr. pretended not to hear. I didn't really care my kids have embarrassed me with far worse so I'm not embarrassed to easily anymore.
So every morning I roll out of bed and stumbled to the garage to workout. I usually stub my toe as I fumble in the dark so as not to wake anyone. I silently yell every time I run into something unlike Brent who wakes the dead if he hurts himself (:!! I never look in the mirror! Then I sweat in the garage, but you know the sweat you get when your hair drips with sweat and sticks to your head all greasy like when your done working out? Then I come in and make breakfast for my kiddos. Then once there off I take a shower, but every once in a while my schedule gets a little thrown off and I have to go out looking really gross and some days grosser (is that a word?) than usual! So as I am about to take Kara to school she looks at me and says, "Mom did you know you have red dots all over your forehead?" I said, "unfortunately yes" She then says, "Do you think you might have chicken pox?" Now I am feeling a little self conscious as I have had two days of 2 of 4 little people in my life that I can always count on to tell me like it really is, tell me what I really look like! So I decide to grab a hat on the way out! Good idea, right? I get into the car in Brent's huge green down jacket ( very comfy but a little army like) I notice I grabbed one of Kara's hats with a big fuzzy ball on top! So I am wondering after I drop her off at school (and thankfully she did not make me walk her inside), should I run into the store really quick with this silly hat on to cover up my chicken pox, or should I just go in with crazy hair and chicken pox? I chose the chicken pox look. I just decided no one would be looking at me and if they did than it would make them grateful for their own beautiful face. So there you have it that was my service for the day. I made everyone at Walgreens grateful they don't have chicken pox on their forehead!!




1 comment:

Laura said...

ah darn, I was waiting for a picture at the end of the story!!
You are hilarious! Hey at least you are working out, I am so impressed...