Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Piano Recital!

Kara, Hayden and Kelton had their winter piano recital last night! I brought all my cameras, but left my SD card in the computer so did not get any pictures at the recital! Such a bummer, but really not a surprise so I could not be too bummed out. Kara played We wish you a Merry Christmas and did excellent! They never get nervous only me.

Hayden and Halle my two pistols! These two "Oh I don't know what to say about them!" I think the picture says it all!


Hayden is always a Soldier. He still walks around being a soldier. I remember one time when he was about six we went to eat at Chapolte and Hayden turned into a soldier marching all over going incognito occasionally, and shooting the enemy with his imaginary gun. He was totally in his own little world. I think the few people in the restaurant thought there was something wrong with him the way he was moving around so rigidly and then ducking out of sight intermittently!


Kelton is also taking lessons, but he was too scared to be in the recital. He could play his song really good, but we did not want it to be a bad experience so we let him opt out this time. Halle just dances and sings and copies Kelton, which I think is sweet but Kelton finds it annoying.

Hayden played Joy to the World! He was really excited and wanted to make sure I had invited everyone!!!!!!!!!! I did not invite everyone initially because I did not want them to feel obligated to go especially with the cold weather and busyness this time of year. Hayden on the other hand really felt everyone would want to be there and he was soooooo happy that Grandma, Grandpa, cousin George and Reggie, and Aunt Natalie showed up. He loves an audience and when someone shows up for him it means the world to him! Thanks guys for making the effort for them I know it was freeeeeeezing outside




Breakfast questions not answered by googling (who knew googling would become a common word).


Kelton wanted to know, "How did the first babies on earth take care of themselves?"

Kara wanted to know," if Adam and Eve were the first people on earth and they had children then how did anyone else get married since you can't marry your brother or sister?"


**Also I have a special disease. It is called homonym dysfunction. It was inherited from my father. It cannot be corrected by spell check, and sometimes can make for great laughter for those reading my writings. Instead of causing me insecurity I am embracing this disease and will continue to blog even though I continue to have this disease and no amount of proofreading or relearning can help me. So I will continue to spell the word here for hear and ant for aunt and there for their and two for too and wait for weight. Hopefully I will not pass this disease on, but I am afraid it is genetic so I probably have already passed the gene on to one of my children. They too will have to learn to deal with this special gift! I hope I continue to humor all who do not have this disease, because if you have this disease you never notice when someone else also has the disease, so there are not any support groups for these poor people! My dad and I are the only members and we are subject to the laughter and ridicule of our immediate family.



1 comment:

Laura said...

I get nervous for my kids too! More nervous than they get for sure, what's up with that? You are SO lucky to have family that can come to all these neat occasions.
ps, I like your homonym dysfunction. We all have something, right?