Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!

Yesterday I planned on doing lots of things. I had a big long list of all the stuff I needed to get to in preparation for Christmas, but instead we made Christmas trees for Kelton's class project and beaded some necklaces for Santa. I thought of lots of different ideas for Kelton's tree! He did not really like any of them. He finally decided he would string beads and then hang them on his tree. So he made a huge long string of beads and was very proud of it. He held it up and all of a sudden it magically came out of his hand (because believe you me he did not drop it!!!) all over the kitchen floor. I told him it was O.K. to cry over it. So we both cried a little (for different reasons). Then he refused to put anything on his tree except glitter. He likes to choose things that are easy to clean up like glitter. So we used every ounce of glitter in our home. He was very proud of his tree, and Halle was proud of hers too! He decided to make a necklace for Santa too with bells so we could hear him while he is in our house! Good thinking Kelton!
Then we spent about an hour getting ready to go out into the snow. I was a little worried that all the work I put into getting them ready to go out was going to be wasted by them coming in after about 10 minutes and stripping down, and then asking 10 minutes later if they could go back out! I was pleasantly surprised when they stayed out for a really long time. The slide is lots of fun when it snows and you have snow pants on. I tried it last year and about broke my tail bone when I sailed off the bottom. If your a 30lb. child the damage of landing on your bottom is insignificant.

Kelton decided he needed his helmet! It's a dangerous world out there especially when your Dennis the Mennis reincarnated!


So much fun to be a kid with out a care in the world! I wish I could be more like them! Also Kelton informed me that Santa should really have birds flying his sleigh instead of reindeer!
Story of the week***Brent puts up Christmas lights**********
I decide to go do some shopping for Christmas and leave Brent home to watch the kiddos. The kids have been begging Brent to put up Christmas lights. Brent has been giving about every excuse to not put them up, its too cold, too dark, too high........... The kids had actually given up and had been spreading the bad news that we would not have lights up on our house this year(I tried hanging the lights one year and it was a mess so I understand Brents pain). Brent, however, started to feel the pressure as everyone in the neighborhood was braving the weather to put up lights even our 65 year old neighbors (a.k.a my parents). So while I am gone he decides to put up lights. Kara and Kelton told him they would stay out and support him no matter how long it took. Lets just say it took a really long time. Brent had been worried about falling off the roof. This is one of the reasons I had told him not to put up the lights. I was worried he might fall off the roof too, especially since he had talked so much about falling off the roof. He had just finished putting up a strand of lights when he fell pulling all the lights down! Luckily he landed on the lower roof, and the only thing hurt was the lights that he had just pulled down. I missed the whole thing. Hayden was there and he informed us he would have called 911. Halle was also inside manning the phones. When I called she answered the phone. I said, " where is Daddy?" Halle "Oh he's on the roof" Me "Who is watching you" Halle "Oh I'm O.K. I'm in the house!" Me "Are you alone?" Halle"No Daddy is on the roof!" Everyone was alive and well when I got home! Brent was still a little mad about the lights, but the kids were very happy with them. We do still have our pumpkins out on the front porch. I do really need to get rid of them. Hopefully before Christmas the Halloween decorations on our front step will be removed, but no gaurantees the rate I'm going.

Have I mentioned I hate cold weather! I wish I could say I love it, but I don't.




No comments: