Friday, October 23, 2009

Drug Free!

This week at school the kids dressed up in support of being Drug Free! I only took pictures today, because today was Aristocat or paint on your whiskers day. Hayden is usually all for dressing up, but I was wondering what he would think of being a cat. I was right he has finally hit that age when you think to yourself hmmm I think I'd look like a goof if I was wearing kitty whiskers. Hayden loves bugs, worms, etc. He is always trying to save hurt animals. This ladybug was hurt and so he brought her home to save her.
Kara likes to go all the way and follow all the rules with her costume. They were not allowed to wear actual costumes, but could dress in clothes that looked like a cat. She was so excited to dress like a black cat. She wore her black leotard, because she did not own a black shirt. She was a little worried that that might be considered a costume, but when she tried it on she decided it was loose enough to be considered clothes.

Halle was riding along with Kelton and he sped out into the rocks he then turned around and said to her, "I'm a scary driver. Are you scared riding with me Halle?"
Kara really talked the Kitten day up to Kelton. She was insistent that he be the Orange Aristocat and kept showing him how to prrr just right. He thought it sounded fun, but I think he was a little hesitant. I think in his mind he was thinking should I be listening to her or is this gonna be one of those times where all of a sudden I'm dressed like a princes, or a ballerina. He did wear whiskers and when asked if he wanted to wear kitten ears like Kara he thought for a moment, almost as if he was going to say yes, but then thought better of it and said no! It was funny because he put on his neck scarf/hat that covers half his face, and when we got to the school he pulled it up over his face. I was wondering if he kept that scarf on all day.
Halle wanted to join in to, but she wanted her whole face painted like a Zebra! I thankfully talked her into a flower!
Halle thankful for Kelton to play with!
Always on the look out for bugs.
Kelton glad to sort of be the boss for at least a couple hours!








1 comment:

Laura said...

Cute kids,
and again, LOVING your backyard.
Happy Halloween!