Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kind Kara and Oops I did it again Halle!

So over the past few days my little Kara had been picked on on the bus. The little girl she sat by made her sit on the floor and then when she tried to get up she gave Kara an Indian burn. The little girl actually lives across the street so Kara's brave Mom(didn't want to be brave, but trying to confront my own fears) walked across the street with Kara(who was feeling brave until we reached the door, and then tried to melt into her surroundings by hiding behind the pillar and then me) and talked to the girls older sister about the incident (since the mom does not speak English) . All went well! We also had a talk with her wonderful bus driver Jim! I think Jim is one of the best bus drivers! He moved Kara to a nice spot on the bus away from the two girls that had picked on her and has been keeping an eye out for her. So I went into school to help and Kara's teacher pulled me aside and told me how Kara and her friend had been really kind to a boy in the other class who had been picked on. I guess no one would play with him at recess and when he had tried to play soccer with some of the boys they had told him he couldn't play because he was not good at soccer! Kara and her friend invited him to play with them and then the next day made him a card and attached a treat to it! The teacher in the other class had said what a difference it had made and that the little boy was so happy all day at school and had done better than he had ever done in class.
Kara received a nice note from the teacher and a Super Star from the principal for friendliness! We are so happy that Kara is being kind to others. There's nothing better than when your child does loving acts of Kindness. Later I heard the little boy had really had been having a hard time with his behavior in the class room and this little act of kindness by Kara and her friend had changed his attitude in the class.

So if you ever wonder what I do when I get done doing what needs to be done, well this is it! Halle, "Mom can I have some oatmeal? OOPS I didn't mean too."

Evidence of the disasters I take care of daily(: Yes Halle is a little embarrassed!

The clean-up. Cleaning up was a little more fun than it was suppose to be. Of course it wasn't all fun we had a little arguing over who got to vacuum!





5 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

That story about Kara actually make me cry...and I'm not even hormonal! What a sweet little girl you are raising.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

What a sweet little girl! She must be learning it from home! :) You didn't make Halle clean up the oatmeal and eat it! :) I love it when they apologize immediately afterwards and feel bad...somehow it makes getting angry a little harder!

Laura said...

I LOVE that little Kara. What a great example she is. Give her an extra hug from us.
And that Halle... it's the red hair I think!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Love that story of Kara, what a sweet girl!! Keep up the good work.

Jenni said...

There is nothing worse then having your kids treated that way. It breaks my hear to think about it. What a great girl to help the little boy. What a sweat heart.