Saturday, October 17, 2009

No FIGHTING For Real!

I'm cleaning the kitchen when I hear Hayden telling Kara, "Kelton got beat up at school today!" So of course I am like "Wait a minute here back up what did you just say?" Hayden, "Kelton got beat up at school today!" Me "Kelton did you get beat up at school?" Kelton "Yeah mom, but it is O.K. everyone was chanting, GO Kelton, Go Kelton!" I'm thinking I can't believe my sweet little boy is getting beat up at school WHERE IS THE DUTY(: (I think it is funny calling the playground police THE DUTY!) So then Hayden chimes in with "Kelton was winning, but than he got pushed down on the ground and the boy started kicking him while he was on the ground and then Kelton started to cry and the other boy ran off." O.K. now I am horrified, my jaw is on the floor, the part about getting kicked while he was on the ground and then him crying, I'm really thinking this should not be happening in kindergarten! Kelton can tell I am stunned and so chimes in with, "it hurt real bad mom, but it's O.K. because everyone was yelling "Go Kelton"" Now I am really delving into details on how this fight began and I'm thinking why is big brother Hayden watching and not stopping this!!! So here is the whole story. Kelton tells me that the little boy (and his little gang of friends) that beat him up had been ganging up on his friend, B (Kelton's friend is twice the size of Kelton and is in 2nd grade, but is like a big Teddy Bear) the boy was kicking B(name changed to protect the innocent (: ). in the shins and calling him names. Kelton told him to stop and then jumped on the boys back to stop him from bullying his friend and there is how it all began. Now I'm thinking "ugh my child kind of started the fight." I'm glad that he is standing up to a bully, but I don't want him fighting. So we are trying to think of better ways to handle a bully. I suggested maybe getting a teacher, and Hayden chimes in with "that will definitely get you beat up!" Kara comes up with writing a note to the bully. So here is the note Kara wrote for Kelton to give to the bully! I am afraid this note might cause Kelton to get beat up again.


I love the FOR REAL part. I also like Eloise in the front row she always yells from the bus as Kelton gets off something sweet like "love your hair cut Kelton" or "BYE Kelton" or "Have a great day Kelton" Who would'nt just love a girl named Eloise. The way Kelton says her name is so freaking cute too. Sometimes I ask him who she is just to hear him say her name.
Hayden with his good friend

Hayden told me he only arrived at the very end of the fight and so it was over before he could stop the fight. I really hate bullying and have had many discussions with my kids about not just standing around watching someone get bullied. I really want the good kids to look around and be aware of bullying so that we can stop things like this from happening. We go to a really good school with nice little kids so I know the bully's are the minorities so it really would not take much to completely stop these kids from gaining power from bullying. So theres my little spill for the day! Happy Saturday(:



2 comments:

The Dobbs said...

Poor Kelt! I'm glad he would stick up for his friend, but my goodness. It sounds like Kelt and kara have have had a few issues with naughty kids lately. Are you sure this is a good school? JK Ty says to put them in MMA! Anyway, love you guys and hope to see ya soon!

Laura said...

Wow, who knew brawl fighting would start in kindergarten? But I guess bullying is ageless. Good for Kelton for sticking up for his friend- your kids are so sweet.
And I too LOVE the name Eloise... oh so so cute. Yes, I would love any child named Eloise.