Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ruby Reds!

Halle found this dress in my mending (it has been there a long time since I don't mend). She woke up this morning and this is what she came down wearing! I had to take a picture, because she reminded me of the little match girl with her hair crazy, her little house on the prairie dress, and her ruby red shoes (which she wears everywhere she goes). She saw this picture of herself and she said, "Mom I told you to do my hair in two ponytails!"
Brent tells Halle to go get her church clothes on (as soon as these words come out of his mouth I am thinking bad idea, but the deed was done). As you all probably know it is hard to change someones outfit when you are the one who told them to pick it out! So here is what my crazy little 3 year old chose to wear to church. A necklace, a tie, a green dress, and pink boots. She absolutely did not want to give up the tie, and Hayden did not help by telling her some girls do wear ties!
So here is a funny story that has nothing to do with this post, but it is funny! I have a hard time keeping my stories short, so just skip this unless you need a good laugh! So today is a busy day for me and so I know I have to be up early if I want to get my work out in. So I get up and am hurrying to get ready to go out to the garage to exercise. I am brushing my teeth when all of the sudden out of my closet crawls (for all you who know the other mouse story) a mouse! I of course scream at the top of my lungs (let me remind you it is early, and Brent is still in bed), so the mouse of course is scared because I just scared him! He moves backwards and so I scream at the top of my lungs again. I hate mice or any type of rodent! Brent starts yelling what what, but all I can do is scream every time the mouse moves. The mouse runs into the toilet area and so now he is cornered. Well he thinks he is trapped because every time he starts to come out I scream. Brent finally gets out of bed after lots of screaming by me. Someone could have killed me by now. I tell him about the mouse between screams, and he tells me to please stop screaming in his ear! He absolutely hates when I get scared, because I scream, even at the movies, any how that is another story. So now here comes the funny part. Brent is in his under ware, but he does put on his tennis shoes, and he grabs a plastic bowl from the kitchen. Then he tells me to close him in the little tiny toilet area with the mouse and put a towel across the door way to keep the mouse from crawing under the door! I told him he better not let the mouse out! So then he goes to town yelling and hollering at the mouse! I almost peed my pants laughing. I wish you all could have been here for it (and seen Brent in his under ware, and tennis shoes trying to catch a mouse)! The mouse was speedy fast and Brent had the hardest time catching it. He finally did catch it. Then of course being the Peta people we are(LOL) we spared the mouse. Brent was just going to put him outside the house, but I was afraid he would just come back in, so Brent took the mouse to some far away field before the kids woke up and begged us to keep him for a pet (gross). So of course my work out was cut short today, and my house looks like a bomb, and dinner is probably not going to happen(: I hate mice!!!!! Last year we had a mouse just about this time of year too!!!! Thanks to Uncle Mark for catching that one with his gloved hands!!!

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

LOL! That was a great read! I can only scream too, I do that with spiders, I can't even explain what help I need, I just scream! Yuck, what would you do if he weren't there? I would die if I saw a mouse it's not like you can just step on it! Very funny story!

Lyric Payne said...

Love the outfit, and I would have loved it more if I would have seen her in the halls of church in that outfit. And I'm really glad I haven't seen Brent's outfit in person. We'll let it stay a hilarious mental picture!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

hahaha Halle sure is a spitfire isn't she?!? She's got a cute style.... a bit out there, but super cute :) Love your story.... I wonder what your neighbors thought about your screaming and then Brent shouting threats of "I'll get you, you little bugger" haha :)

Laura said...

So cute Alison!!!
Love the red shoes.