Thursday, July 2, 2009

Visit from Brandi Dobbs and the Kiddos!

Halle Kara Teja and Roxie (cousins) are being little kittens! They all played so well together. I was surprised that 2 three year olds could play all day long and not fight with each other!

The Boys coloring!
I love when I am thinking "HMMM I should check on those guys to make sure everyone is alright", and then I find them all working together, coloring pictures and building forts in Hayden's room!

This was heaven for Halle. She just wanted to play in the sand! Forget the boat, just give me a stick and some sand!

Hayden and George.

Kelton the climber!

Roxie and Halle searching for rocks!

Hayden and Kara swimming at the lake!

Matching dresses!

Ladybugs in the garden!
Pill bugs in the grass!


Butterfly's and moths in the air! We must catch them all!!


Stinky flowers! Daisy's are pretty but they do not smell pretty!

Everyone wants to hold the ladybugs! There were tears shed over this ladybug!

The girls really did not want their pictures taken! There were tears shed over having this picture taken too!! What we do for a picture!


So here goes the beginnings of Summer! I do love summer. It is great to just have no schedule and play all day! Well, I usually do not play all day, but the kids do. I remember my summers as a kid and all the freedom I felt. I wanted that for my kids and I really feel like they have that here. We have such a great neighborhood and the kids ride their bikes, play in the yard, jump on the trampoline, swim, catch bugs, put together neighborhood games, pretend, dress up.... So I am going to embrace it and enjoy the ride even if it does not last forever!
My Brother's wife Brandi and his 2 little girls came for a visit. They stayed for a week and we tried to spend every waking moment with them. The girls could not get enough of each other. My mom had her camera out for most of the visit so hopefully she will send me some more pictures to add! We picked lots of berries and grandma ambitiously made jam with the girls. We also hit the waterpark, went boating, played in grandmas sandbox, swam in the our little pools, chased bugs, and had a sleep over and movie night with grandma. The boys went camping with Daddy and Grandpa, so we had just some girl time!

O.K I know I should join pictures anonymous to help me with my picture addiction. Actually I put my camera away for a little while and I kept wishing I had it. I wish I could just take one picture of the moment and be done, but no, I have to take at least a 100 pictures of each event! My children are actually beginning to rebel when I get my camera out!

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

At least you err on the side of too many pictures! I was a slacker when Kiera was little and don't have very many pictures at all for a years time...how sad! I LOVE the flower dresses with the daisy's! Is it daisy's or daisies? ;) I have always thought that too I like the looks but they aren't great smell-wise! WE missed Halle today :(

Laura said...

So cute Al. Again, I think you live in the most beautiful place. The sun seems to shining all the time against that enormous blue sky. I'm jealous.