Thursday, July 23, 2009

GOODBYE PAPPY!!!

My Baby has officially grown up! No more pappy (that is what we called it, don't worry we didn't get rid of grandpa!)
We knew it was time to say goodbye to pappy as it was not helping with Halle's disposition! She would stand and yell PAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the top of her lungs (if you heard her beat it song than you know how brutally loud that is) and we would all scramble searching frantically to calm the Creature (nick named by the children). So Sunday night as it was about time for bed we could not find the pappy. I searched everywhere! It was too late to go buy a new one, and heaven knows it was time to give up the pappy, so that was it. She actually was so tired that she fell right to sleep! Now I won't say it has been easy! The first day we had major withdrawal issues about every hour she was laying on the ground crying and yelling "I NEED MY PAPPY!" I instructed the children that if they found a pappy ( as we know there are some lurking about )that they are not to show Halle and that they should quickly bring it to me so we can dispose of it! I really did not want to start the process over. So I have been spelling everything so that it would not remind Halle about the pappy. So I was telling Kara, "Now if you find the P-A-P-P-Y then bring it to me because if H-A-L-L-E finds it" Halle interrupts at this moment and says, "than I will put it in my mouth, and suck on it!" As you can see she is much too old for the pappy and obviously spelling was not working!

So after 5 days and no pappy, we have a much happier, nicer little girl!! The pappy had served its purpose, but it had definitely reached the point of doing more harm than good, so GOODBYE to our friend PAPPY that we loved dearly for 3 1/2 years! Mr. Blankie just doesn't seem to have the same appeal without pappy!!

3 comments:

Kathy D said...

Holy Cow!!! What a bittersweet day. We miss Halle & Kelton & Kara & Hayden so much!!!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Congratulations Halle!! You're such a big girl!!!!! And Congratulations mom :) I hate those moments knowing what's best, but not wanting to deal with it the first few days lol :)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

WOw! Hope that is still going good! I am trying to do the switch from bottle to sippy, so far not having too much success! :)