Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vegas Trip!

Here goes! Our trip to Vegas! We started out at 4am on Sunday Morning! Unbelievably we actually left then. Brent had some work he had to do on Saturday and then we spent all day packing, so we actually left on time! I know most of you are in shock by now! Natalie was following us and we had planned to go straight through Nevada. It is a 2 way street, but is suppose to be faster so we thought we would try. Brent had been that way before and had had some bad experiences so as we drove out we were trying to decide if we should take that route. Well to try and make a long story short (I know it is already getting long and I am getting bored already) we took the short cut through Nevada! Well a big, huge, crazy spring storm decided to blow in and about kill us. The roads became almost undrivable and we could barely see to drive. The snow was falling so fast and thick! We finally decided we had to turn around or else we were going to be stranded on this road. We saw many cards slide off, a semi almost hit 3 cars head on, and some one almost slid right into Nats car as they were sliding off the road. Well luckily we turned around adding only about 4 hours to our journey. We made it back to the main highway where we could only drive about 40miles an hour. I drove for a little while which caused some major stress in the car! Brent was going to try and sleep, but I kept him awake, with my driving. Seriously the roads were miserable, and if you passed someone the snow would fly up and blind you. I hated driving! So anyway when we finally made it to Utah the roads were better, and we were only pelted with snow, hail, and rain the rest of the way. Luckily we only ran into one traffic delay! So a trip that was going to take 9 hours took us 17!! I would like to say that I have angel children, but actually I think I have to give credit to the DVD player and all the technological advancements. Oh and one more little fun hang up. So as soon as we arrived at our hotel, we found out the pool was closed! I had called before booking just to make sure the hotel pool was open! So Brent talked them into moving us to their sister property where the pool was open! We did lock ourselves out of the adjoining room, which I guess is hard to do. The rest of the trip was lots of fun! We were able to see some old friends that we wish still lived by us and also were able to spend time with B and B and the girls. We arrive back home in Idaho at 4am on Saturday! We wanted the trip to be exactly 6 days! LOL

O.K. These pictures are all over the place! Roxie, Kara, and Teja in the hot tub!
Halle zonked out while bowling! She was pooped!
The kids loved bowling! The Red Rock has great Smoke Free bowling lanes.
Me and Halle bowling!
Kids about to fall to their death while we take pictures! JK its just a little water on the other side!
This hot tub was used a lot!
The kids loved the playhouse at the towncenter mall! We came to play every night we were in Vegas!
Kelton, Teja, and Kara! Most of the time there heads were under the water!

More sun please!
Too cool for the horse!
Yeah!
Like Father, like son!
The swam and swam and swam! They never got tired of it! 11am until 5pm! There is nothing like the clear blue sky in Las Vegas!
I love horses!
They loved the beach at the pool!
Eating at California pizza kitchen! Kara and Reggie! They are twins!
Kara and her good friend from Las Vegas! We really miss you!
Kara and Halle getting some sun and of course some lippies!
Kara asked, "I sure wish I could keep these shoes!"
Hayden's friend from birth! They were due at the same time, but Jackson came 3 mnth early! I think they will always be great friends!
Hayden, George, Kelton, and Reggie after playing in the kid zone! They love the kid zone at the Red Rock hotel!
Here comes the shark!
How come carousels are so much fun!
Strike!

Halle slept on the lounge chair all day while we swam!
I love Kitties!
Sand at the pool!
More swimming!

With this fare skin you must always have to pairs of shades, and lots of lippies!
Halle was selling cakes like crazy! I think she completely sold out of pink cake with Strawberries!
Halle and her new little friend! Ava was only 4 months when we moved! We had so much fun seeing our Summerlin friends we really miss you guys! Move to Idaho!
More Hot Tub pictures!
Kids in the Lobby of Green Valley Ranch Hotel!
Halle with her shades!

Brady, Brandi, Natalie, Brent, and Halle too cool to play on the slides!
Hanging out!
We had a great trip! If your feeling a little blue from the weather go to Las Vegas! The sky is always blue and the air is so clear! I also recomend the Red Rock or the Green Valley Ranch! It is like staying at the Ritz on beer money! We really miss all of our great Vegas friends and family! I wish you all lived here in Idaho and we could see you all the time!

7 comments:

Lo said...

Wow Al! 17 hours in a car even with DVD and technology--I still think your kids are angels! Looks like you had a great time.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks for that..for a few moments I was living vicariously through your pix in the warm sun!
Terrible about the roads that is awful! I am glad it turned out ok, we have been driving in bad conditions like that and it is scary! I wondered if Halle had little bowling shoes on too in her pix...I remember her cute little squeaky shoes she has. Glad your vacay was fun, sorry you back in windy land!

The Hyde's said...

I had no idea you guys were coming to Vegas. So sorry I missed you guys the boys would have loved to see you and the kids. MAybe next time.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

I'm SOOOOO jealous!!! Except for the car ride! haha Wow it sounded miserable and long and dangerous! I'm glad you made it ok. Next time you drive through Utah, come stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jenni said...

Looks like a great trip. I am so jealous of the warm weather. When I subbed Kelton's class on Sunday I asked all the kids to tell me something fun they did the past week and he told me "nothing". And I said "are you sure, I think you just got back from a trip?" and he said "oh yeah we went to Vegas where we watched monsters vs. aliens". I guess that is what he liked best.

Laura said...

Al- your trip to Vegas looks so fun. I definitely want to try Green Valley Ranch sometime. I've also heard good things about it. Great pictures... did you visit any of our mutual friends from HS? Do you keep in touch with anyone from Chap?

Camille Law said...

It was so good to see you guys! It felt like good old times...like you never left! Glad you guys had a great vacation! We miss you! Happy Easter! Love ya!