Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The things we learn if we listen.

Kelton "Mom, Did you know this CTR ring is really strong, and nothing can break it?" "Mom Did you know why this ring is so strong?" Me, "Why", Kelton "Because it has the priesthood!"

Kelton to Brent "Dad who is stronger, All the super hero's in the whole world or Jesus?"

As you can see Kelton is really into strong things! You would think we preached all day long the way Kelton talks, but I have to admit we don't.

Halle was giving me trouble about going to bed! She was really tired and I said "lets say prayers" and she said "No, I don't want to go to bed." So I proceeded to say it was good to pray and that if she was concerned about something Heavenly Father could help her. Then I said are you concerned about anything?" (I really was just trying to distract her from the bed topic, I didn't think she was understanding me) She then looked up at me and said "Yes, Spiders!"

We prayed that the spiders would not get Halle or Mommy and that we could be brave around the spiders! Who new she really was concerned about something!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hey- did you run on Sat? If so how many miles? I know you just got back in town so maybe you didn't but I thought maybe you had and I didn't get it recorded from my texts..

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

OK- I added the Saturday 6.5 I had all the others, everyday except Sundays and that one Friday. My texts just got so full that one day i deleted them before I looked again at what you had sent me. Texts are just as good as emails. i just check the texts the same time as the emails when I input them, so either is fine! You are amazing! I can't believe how many miles everyone can run! My knees have just started bothering me...so hopefully that goes away and I can get some bigger numbers!

schlenskefamily said...

That is really sweet. My kids teach me so much about love, faith and humility! I need to listen better more often!