Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HAPPY Kitty Cat Birthday KARA!

Kara was very excited about her birthday and has been counting down for over 3 months now! The day before her Birthday she said, "Mom, you know why I am not getting too excited?" I said, "Why?" and she said, "because if I get to excited I will not be able to sleep tonight and then it will take longer for my birthday to get here!" She was very good at controlling her excitement. Here are the Kitty Cakes I made! I was very proud of these. Kara loved them. She told me "Mom it's O.K. if they don't look exactly like the picture!" Thanks Kara your always so thoughtful..
The Kitty Table! We made Kitty dishes and I made little Kitty ears and tails! I have to say the girls looked very cute!

The Birthday CAT!! Kara decided she wanted to have a Kitten party so we did! Who would have thought that a Cat party would be so much fun!!

The Birthday CAT and her CAT friend!!

The Girls making their cat collars out of beads and bells!

Kara playing the part!

Halle wanted a pink nose!

All the CATS at the party! Their were a couple bats at the party, but they were all over the place so I never got a good picture! These little girls were the sweetest little girls ever!!! I am not even kidding they were so well behaved and so nice and polite. We played a game called I had a little Kitty and he wouldn't scratch you (like duck duck goose), well each little girl made sure that everyone had a turn before they chose someone else. I had not said anything, they just automatically did it. They also made sure everyone had candy when the pinata broke, and were just so kind.


We also made little paw print cup cakes!!

Halle had grandma's help during the party!! Lucky little girl!

Kara and the CAKE!! Can you tell I am proud of my Cake(:

Blowing out the candles with a little BAT close by!

Me and Kara and the Cake!

Opening the presents!

Thanking her fellow Kittens.

The pinata!

It is hard to keep your eyes open when you are swinging so hard!

That night I went in to check on Kara and Kelton after she had gone to bed and she was wearing her Cat ears. I was glad she had such a good time!

The Family Party on Sunday! Hayden got the flu, so it was a little anti climatic!

Grandma gave Kara these cute little Kitty's from her ceramic collection! As you can tell Kara loves animals!

Hugs for Grandma Benge!
Kara reading her Birthday Card. Everyone was very interested!


Hugs for Nanny!

Kara and Grandpa!

Hugs for Grandma! Grandma and Grandpa gave Kara some new books and a stuffed Kitty!

Sharing her new little Kitty with Tiger!

Halle holding Tiger!! She loves Tiger!!

This is the note Kara made for Hayden since he was sick for her Birthday! She also cleaned the entire upstairs! Made all the beds and cleaned Hayden's room really good as a surprise!! All on her Birthday! What would I do with out my little Kara!!

These are the notes Kara makes for me and Brent everyday!

Here is another little note that Kara made for us one Sunday! Every Sunday Kara and Kelton sit down and draw us beautiful pictures and make surprises for us!! As you can tell Kara is a wonderful little girl and we love her so much! We can't imagine life with out her!


It is amazing how much work a party is! I decided this year to save money by having it at my home and making everything! Well, I definitely did not save any money, and I did not save any time, but we did have a lot of fun! What is that quote??? Anything worthwhile takes Effort.

5 comments:

The Dobbs said...

Wow Al, way to go!! I LOVE the cake(s). What a fun birthday. Kara must be such a wonderul girl because she's got such a wonderful mom.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

What a sweet girl!! And what a great party!!!!!! Ok so I totally didn't need to give you any hints or help... sheeeesh! :) Your cakes look fantastic. So I agree with The Dobbs....wonderful girl, wonderful mom :)

schlenskefamily said...

You want to send Kara to my house! I could use a sweet helpful girl around here! :) (Grace is sweet, but not helpful yet.) And to touche`, like mother like daughter.
Great job on the cakes too!

Kathy D said...

What a great party idea! You are so smart, Alison! We'll have to remember this one for Brooklyn's birthday. Where did you find the cute kitty cake idea? Family Fun?

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Way to go Allison! The cat cakes are fabulous! :) What a cute theme part! Looks like it was a lot of fun!