Monday, September 29, 2008

Keltonisms

Kelton is our child that is always busy, but is quiet so you don't notice what he is doing. Unfortunately he is also bossed around by his baby sister, poor guy. Saturday Kelton went upstairs and cut his hair. When I discovered what had happened I asked him why he had cut his hair? He said "I don't know mom, I've just always wanted to cut my hair." I would not have been upset except we are having family pictures taken this Friday!

Kelton also told Brent "When I grow up Dad, I don't want to kiss girls, O.K.!" This is one coming of age event that Kelton would like to skip all together. He has observed that men that are grown up kiss girls.

10-11-2008 Brent was telling Kelton that he was going to be a black belt Karate guy. Kelton said, "Your not a Karate guy, Dad!" Brent said "I'm not?" Kelton said, "No, Your a workout guy, Dad!"

Kelton also said, "Dad, Did you know that Aunt Natalie is stronger than George and Reggies, Dad!" Brent said, "Why do you keep saying that, Kelton?" Kelton said, "Well Natalie works out and George and Reggie's Dad does'nt!!"

10-21-08 Kelton was singing "Your a grand old flag, your a highflying flag........." Then he turned to me and asked "Does my heart really beat red, white, and blue?"

10-24-08 Kelton's goal is to Do your best and Forget the Rest!! He is going to finish and not quit or cry if he is not first or winning." At Karate class he was having a hard time hitting balls with his Shongs ja Bongs(sp), some of the other kids in the class were blasting them out of the gym! Kelton was also picked last during one of the activities, but he did not cry and he did his best!! Yeah for Kelton he is really trying to accomplish this goal!!

10-29-2008 Kelton came home today and told me "Mom 2 girls at my school told me red is a girl color! I asked Kara if red is a girl color and she said red can be a girl color and a boy color! I forgot to tell those two girls that red is a boy and a girl color today, now I have to wait until Monday to tell them!" He was a little distraught that those 2 girls are going to have to go another 4 days thinking that red is only a girl color!

10-29-2008 Kelton told me "Mom I wish there were 4 Halloweens so I could be Iron Man, then a Ninja, a Jedi, and Indian Jones, oh yeah and I want to be a Skeleton!" Can you tell Kelton is having a very hard time deciding what he wants to be.
12-10-2008 Kelton has this cute hat that I put on him when he goes to school. I think it is cute. So Kelton came home from school and he was sitting at the table with his hat on and he turned to me and said, "Mom do I have to wear this hat?" I said, "Why don't you like your hat?" He said well the kids at school laughed at me!" I said, "everyone?" He said, "No just two girls." I said, "Well, your hat keeps you warm and it looks good on you." He looked at me and said, "OK mom."
12-30-2008 Kelton was having a discussion with Brent and he asked "Dad who is stronger Superman or the Hulk?" Brent gave him some answer. Then Kelton proceeded to ask Brent "Dad Who is stronger Superman or Jesus?" Brent said, Jesus, because Superman is not real. Then Kelton asked "Dad who is strong Heavenly Father and Jesus together against all the Super Heros?" Brent said he believed Heavenly Father and Jesus.

No comments: