Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years In Austin Texas!

We went to Austin, Texas for the New Year and had such a great time with my little brother and his wife and 2 adorable little children!  
We climbed these stairs up to a beautiful view overlooking the hills of Austin!
 What can I say "I love Austin!"
 So pretty!
 Katie thought this might be where Sandra Bullock lived.  Let me clarify, if she were Sandra Bullock this is where she would live.  So who knows who really lives here, but it looks like they're livin' la vida loca!

 Katie and little cutie pie Lola!  Seriously this little gal is such a good baby!  If you don't want a baby, you'll want one after being around Lola!!!
 Piggie Tails!
 Hiking around
 Cautious Tiger was a little braver while hiking!  He so funny he would say, "Daaaad that's dangerous for me!"  Actually it's funnier in his little voice.  He's like a little adult with his logic.  So cute and funny( :
 My little Spunky Monkey!  The other day she was in the back of the car and me and Brent were talking about her.  She pipes in with , "I know your talking about me!"  It doesn't sound funny when I write it, but it was funny at least to me.
 Dallas and Lola braving the trail
 Uh oh!  Tiger has to pee!  Boys are so lucky they can just go anywhere!




 We then went to this Peacock reserve!  It was really cool to see all the Peacocks!  I don't think I have ever seen a peacock that close before!
 They are pretty, but they also poop just like any other bird!
 Hayden got pooped on and he was freaking out!  If you didn't know he is a little Obsessive compulsive when it comes to germs!  He washes his hands like a crazy man.  He's not afraid to remind you to wash your hands, and he won't eat unless he can wash his hands.  After he got pooped on he wanted to go home and take a shower before we did anything else.  We were too far to go home  so we put hand sanitizer all over him until we could get to a bathroom where he could do a thorough washing!
 Dallas with the double stroller!
 This picture is horrific of me.  I didn't even want to put it up, but I had to show you how bad my hair looked. I didn't even know I was looking this bad!

 Just some more fun pictures of the Reserve.



 They all had lots of fun looking for fish and playing with each other!

 Can you believe she just turn 6 and Tiger is only 3 1/2!  They are almost the same size!
 So cute!
 Cool hand-washing machine at Rudy's!
 The kids watching them prepare food at Rudy's!
 If your ever in Texas and you like Barbecue go to Rudy's!  It's a really cool restaurant too besides the good Barbecue!

 These are my favorite pictures!
 Everyone loved Lola!
 And Tiger too, of course!  What a cutie!
 They loved feeding her, even though she can feed herself!

 Halle would be a good big sister!

 Tiger fixing the house up!

 We had to make a stop at Costco!  When we were in Austin we started really missing all of the conveniences that we used to have!  It was a little hard to leave.  I love Costco!  I also went to their cool grocery store H.E.B. and I want to buy up everything.  The only place there is to shop for food around here is Wal-mart, and although I am grateful for Wal-mart, it's just doesn't have very fresh food!
 Oh this is that handwashing thing!

 More Rudy's
The hand-washing thing up close!  Hayden wanted me to make sure and get a close up!  He loved this!  You put a sticker on that says you have clean hands after you wash up!  That is where my clean hands sticker came from.
 Playing at Dallas and Katie's was lots of fun!  
 Kelton and Lola!
 More Rudy's
 Hayden and Lola!


We also went to this place called Jump Street!  The kids loved it!!!
My new haircut, by Katie!  Can you believe how dark my hair is?  I don't even recognize myself anymore!  I know I look funny staring like that!  I was trying not to smile so I wouldn't take away from the hair!  It's hard to take a picture of yourself.  I used the self-timer.  The first picture I just blew it dry and took a picture.  The second one I tried to curl a little.  I think I like the first one better.  I was trying to get a picture of me with my bangs hanging straight in my face because then I really look like a different person.  Anyways I needed a new hair due!  You saw how terrible I looked above.  This looks way better.  Katie found a grey hair, ugh!  Anyways I kind of like the blonde highlights on me, but I don't like keeping them up, and I don't like how long it takes!  Anyways someday when I'm rich and famous I'll have blonde highlights again, but until then I guess I'm a brunette!!!Thanks Katie!
Seriously what is that face!  What the heck am I thinking.  Actually I know what I was thinking.  I was thinking try not to look like a goof!  Well I know what not to think next time( :

O.K. here goes again .  I don't know why blogger does this sometimes, but it cuts off  half of what I wrote and makes me sound like a total space cadet.  If you had not already read this you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but the last time it happened I was talking about Talents and my blog made absolutely no sense.
I finally received a calling in my ward.  The cub scout leader.  When they asked me to be the Cub Scout leader I asked if I was over the Wolfs?  He answered, "no just the Cub Scouts."  I then said a little confused, "usually they are divided into Wolves, Bears, and Weebelos."  He said, "Um, I think just Cub Scouts!"   I told him those are the names with in Cub Scouts.  He then said, "Oh, then all of them, there aren't very many!"  So it shouldn't be too hard since the second counselor in the bishopric doesn't even know what my calling is.  Kelton is in the group and so it should be fun!  I think I'm kind of excited, even though I had told the bishop anything but Scouts.  I guess that is a good way to get that calling.  Next time I'll make sure and say, "please don't make me a primary teacher!"

No comments: