Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January's Almost OVER!!!! REALLY???? I think I should PANIC!

This is where we live! 
 They were having a little Clam Fest with music etc. so we went down to check it out.  We did not partake of the Clams!
Kara came home from school the other day so upset.  She's been kind of crying about everything lately.  I was kind of getting tired of it, but I can't really get upset because I cry about lots of stuff too, Brent's probably tired of me.  I have been holding it together for the last week and so I am proud of myself.  I decided I should just hug her and ask her what has been bothering her?  I think she really just needed a good hug from me.  We did come to the conclusion that no one had really been picking on her and so that was good.  A mist the tears she said, "I just want to go home!"  Two steps forward one step back, right?  I guess Idaho will always be home to my kiddos.  Halle continually says "is it time to go home yet?"  I guess they don't know the saying, "Home is where your stuff is!"  Kara also said, "mom it's just so different here, no one is like me, and everything is the opposite of Idaho."  She does have a point there.  All her friends here are into that high-school mummy show??? I don't know what it is, but Kara did show me the creepy dolls they sell.  I'm glad she doesn't like that stuff.
I love this age!  Kids are so teachable at this age.  They just soak everything up and are so trusting.  We decided to set the never ending goal of reading our scriptures.  I decided this time to try and not just speed through it or say O.K. just one verse.  I must say we've been doing better than ever.  I think it is because the kids are at a good age too.  Halle still gets a little distracted and we have our share of face making and poking and prodding, but for the most part I think they've been listening and enjoying.  They have lots of questions.  So about a week ago we were reading Mosiah chapter 2.  We came to verses 36-38. Before this king Benjamin is talking about keeping the commandments. 36 And now, I say unto you, my brethren, that after ye have known and have been taught all these things, if ye should transgress and go acontrary to that which has been spoken, that ye do bwithdraw yourselves from the Spirit of the Lord, that it may have no place in you to guide you in wisdom’s paths that ye may be blessed, prospered, and preserved—
 37 I say unto you, that the man that doeth this, the same cometh out in open arebellion against God; therefore he blisteth to obey the evil spirit, and becometh an enemy to all righteousness; therefore, the Lord has no place in him, for he dwelleth not in cunholytemples.
 38 Therefore if that man arepenteth not, and remaineth and dieth an enemy to God, the demands of divine bjustice do awaken his immortal soul to a lively sense of his own cguilt, which doth cause him to shrink from the dpresence of the Lord, and doth fill his breast with guilt, and epain, and fanguish, which is like an unquenchable gfire, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever.
 39 And now I say unto you, that amercy hath no claim on that man; therefore his final doom is to endure a never-endingbtorment. 
I had to add those scriptures so my story makes sense.
The other day we were at Dinner and Hayden was saying the prayer on the food and he was blessing lots of people and then he ended.  As soon as it ended Kelton looked up at him and said, "Hayden you forgot to bless Uncle .....that he'll want to be with his family!"  Hayden turned to him and said, "Oh yeah, we don't want him to have to endure a never ending torment."  Then he quickly said another prayer.  I was actually quite floored by his recollection of the scriptures and then his ability to relate it to a situation and then also be able to feel so deeply for another human being.  I think I have a lot to learn from these little guys.
Here they are being very obedient for the many pictures I make them endure.
One more!
Well maybe two, get a little closer.
Dad want's a close up, so just one more I promise!
This is a little restaurant close to our home.  We have not tried it yet, but I think people seem to like it.  It looks pretty cool inside.
 That little ball of light is Halle!
 Isn't that cool how the sun just makes her almost completely invisible!
I've got like 15 bites now.  I've started counting my bites like the kids.  I have one right between my breasts on that bone.  Man does that one hurt and itch!  I got bit the other day right on my butt while I was on the treadmill.  I wasn't even running naked!  I know my butt is hard to miss, but come on!   
Kara and Halle enjoying the swings as the sun starts to set!




The best part about Mississippi are the unbelievably beautiful sunsets!  I love love love to watch the sun come up and go down in Mississippi!

No comments: