Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gulf View!


This is a picture from the dock at the end of the street.
What a beautiful world we live in!  I'm so grateful for our experiences here in Mississippi.  Even though it's been hard sometimes I feel that I've learned  so much and am so much more aware of how much I don't know.  I've also decided it is better not to know the future.  It would be so hard to be happy in the present if we new the future and I would have probably skipped out on so many great experiences just to avoid a little heartache.  
Hayden came home from hearing Elder Bednar speak last night and he said it was "AWESOME!"  That is pretty amazing coming from Hayden as he is my child that keeps his emotions to a minimum lately.  He even took notes.  There was kind of a funny story he told.  I guess someone asked, "how come it is so hard to get through Isaiah?"  Elder Bednar responded by telling a story about a man who always took a small pocket Book of  Mormon and would read it during his break at work, one day he was robbed and shot.  The bullet never made it past the chapters of  Isaiah.  

1 comment:

The Dobbs said...

Loving all the stories! Love ya and miss you guys.