Monday, January 23, 2012

What the HECK!

I told myself no blogging until after you straighten the house, clean the kitchen, mop the floors, do the laundry, make a grocery list and go grocery shopping.  Then I sat down to check my e-mail just really quick and I thought what the heck I've got to write something.  I don't know why I like to write, but it just makes me feel better, and then when I go back and look at pictures and funny things my kids have said and done it makes me so happy.
 Kara made this sock character for us.  Kara continues to be such a thoughtful little girl and continues to inspire everyone to be thoughtful like her.  I think I get a note at least once a week or more of her telling me how much she loves me.  Brent gets them too.  Yesterday Halle joined in making her own note and taping it to my door.  It was sooo cute.  It said I luv yoo Dad I luv yoo to Mome  This  is ro Blr fo you.  Translation on the last part is This is a rainbow for you.  She drew a rainbow and attached two pieces of gum for me and Brent.
 Kelton my amazing cleaner!  He always does what I ask the first time I ask even if he does not want to.  I know he doesn't want to because he tells me, but does it anyway.  He had to write a note to someone at school.  He chose to write to Santa.  This was what he wrote.  Dear Santa Claus,  Thank you for all the presents.  The thing I liked most was the big electric truck and the Thor hammer.  That was the very best Christmas just so you know the monster truck broke.  Love, Kelton
I thought this was so funny.  Just so you know Santa the Monster Truck broke.  This kid cracks me up.  He loves to learn and continually is asking me to look things up on the internet about different things.  Right now he is sooooo into ANTS.  He knows everything about Ants and compares everything to Ants!  If I pick something up he'll say "Did you know an Ant could pick that up plus..........!"  "Mom, would you want to be an Ant?  Mom did you know that Ants are Stronger than any human.  Mom did you know.... 
 This is what Brent looks like when he doesn't know what I'm talking about!
 This is my Keltonator with his big teeth which make him look so old!  Makes me so sad, but so happy.  How come you can have so many emotions about seeing your kids grow up!
 This is Hayden when he doesn't know what I am talking about.  We left him to baby sit the other night.  I was going over everything with him for the 50th time, for example don't put anything metal into the microwave, help Halle, read her a story, don't open the door for anyone, when should you call 9-1-1?, when should you call the neighbor, etc.  The list of things goes on and on.  He was like I know, I know, I know...  then he said, "will you pay me $5?"  I said, "well yes if you do a good job (he doesn't really know the going rate for a babysitter these days, thank goodness!)"  Anyways he did an awesome job!  The house was clean.  The dishes were put away, the counters were wiped up, he read them scriptures, and books, and put everyone to bed.  Halle gave me the full run down.  I was very impressed.  The only thing he forgot to do was put the extra pizza in the fridge, but he did  clean it all up and put it in the box.  I've never had a babysitter put the pizza in the fridge unless I specifically ask and I forgot to tell him to do it.  The funny thing is he put everything else in the fridge.  I guess I owe him $5.  He'll have to get in line with the other bills ( :  Just kidding (not really).
 So Hayden did this AWESOME board for his reading fair project and won 1st prize.  He drew that Harry Potter and painted everything.  I was really impressed.  I do feel a little bad because I don't think I posted Kara and Kelton's reading fair projects.  There's were really good too and they worked really hard too.  Kara won 3rd place and Kelton got honorable mention which he was not soo happy about, but I was impressed that he didn't tear his poster apart or anything even though he did not win, so were making progress.  Never compare yourself to anyone, but yourself, is the lesson, and you'll always see progress, at least that is what we strive for!
 We took several pictures.  He was very Happy and Proud of his project.  So was I as you can tell by all the pictures!!!!


The weather in Pass Christian, Mississippi in January is amazing.  Its been about 70 degrees all month.  It is kind of weird to walk outside and not be cold.  There will be this fog that comes in and you think your going to walk outside and be freezing cold, but then your like really its not one bit cold.  I still walk around with UGG boots and a sweatshirt inside the house, but I have to put flip flops and a T-shirt on when I go outside or I'll bake or sweat to death with the humidity.  I have to admit I was all wrong about the humidity.  All wrong!  I've been wrong about so many things its kind of amazing I know anything at all.
We kind of live as if were on a camping trip, but more like a cabin camping trip.  Halle is really good at getting dirty with her friends.  There is a little 6 year old and 4 year old boy that come for the weekends.  Lots of the houses in our neighborhood are 2nd homes (most people don't like to live in a cabin in the woods with bugs all the time).  Anyways, they offer up some entertainment for the kids.  There are also 2 little girls that just live down the street that Halle likes to play with too!
One more thing.  The bugs never die or hibernate in Southern Mississippi.  I currently have 4 bites, from I'm not sure what kind of bug.  They do itch, but it could be a number of bugs.  Kelton told us that on average you eat 1 bug every 4 years while you are sleeping.  We've decided that if you live in Mississippi you probably eat more bugs than that.  There are these jumping spiders and I'm sure we've all consumed a few of those.  If your ever interested to know something about bugs and you don't feel like googling it, just call Kelton, he knows!!!
Well on with my life today.  I hope it's a good one.  I'm hoping for only good news today.  ( :

2 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

Thanks for just writing. I just got a few good laughs!

The Grantham Family said...

I too check in on your blog! It is fun to see the happenings with the Hucks!! I SO miss you girl - wish we could catch up on the mountain climber and guess what - we just got spinning bikes!!

It really is so good to see how you are adjusting to Mississippi - yankee and all, but know these rednecks from Idaho miss you too!!!