Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We had a very nice Christmas.  Christmas eve started with out favorite Turkey and Rice and then the kids put on the Christmas play for us.  Hayden was the 3 wise-man, the shepherds, and the innkeeper!  Kelton was Joseph, Kara was Marry, and Halle was the very Hungry Angel.  Our costumes looked a lot like Aunt Natalie's Family Snuggie picture.  I was the narrator and Brent was the video-grapher. I should have taken a picture.  I think we got a pretty good video though, and thank goodness for Halle's overly expressive personality the play was quite entertaining. 

 Then we opened our traditional P.J present!  Halle was so excited about everything.
 Kelton and Kara were a little sick!


 The kids slept in until 7:30!  YEAH!  Halle saw this picture and said,"My hair is crazy!"
 We sang down the stairs!
 Santa brought a Barbie house for the girls which was a huge hit, and is in constant use!
 Kelton got the biggest remote control Truck!  He loves anything that is the "biggest"!  The bigger the better!  Hayden got some legos and another nerf gun!  I'm surprised Santa thought we needed another nerf gun!  I think he thinks were going to have some cousins visit or something for a nerf war.
 For some reason this year I did not have any boxes to wrap anything in.  This should have been the year that I had tons of boxes, right?  I mean we just moved here and I packed over 200 boxes!  Of course I unpacked everything and got rid of every single box!
 With my kids being such big eaters I decided to wrap up some of their favorite snacks!
 I didn't realize I wrapped so many things in snack boxes!
 Actually it was kind of funny opening up all the presents and finding garbage bags and snacks, and I wasn't even trying to be funny!
 We saw our Santa gifts and opened one present and then headed off to church!  It was actually  fun to go to church and get all ready and be reminded again of the birth of our Savior.   It also prolonged the gift opening.  Hayden thought we should do it like that every year, because then it feels like your opening presents all day long!  Plus the kids look better with their hair all did up!
 Some presents from Nanny.
 Some presents from Manny!

 Halle saw this and said, "How did you take that picture of me with out me even knowing it?"
 Hayden is ready for WAR!!!  He really wants some cousins to come!!! 
 Some presents from Grandma and Grandpa!

 This is how she was about everything!  How fun is that?
 Hayden getting in on the action!
 Kara gives me a little smile too!  It's hard when you have two girls that want the same things to make sure you please them both!
Kelton had a super hero/lego Christmas and he went right to work!  I think he put everything together!  He was way too fast.  I thought all those legos would last at least a couple of weeks!  I got a bunch from dirt cheap for good prices and then realized that they might actually be missing pieces!  Lucky for us only one set was really missing lots of pieces!

We feel very blessed this year.  I am so grateful for a happy healthy family that loves each other.  I am so grateful for the birth of our savior and the hope he brings into my life.  I can't imagine my life with out that hope and guidance.  
I also hope that 2012 goes just a little slower!  2011 seemed to just fly by.  

No comments: