Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Just For the Record (PIANO)!

Let's see if I can be quick!
This is our piano recital!  Their piano teacher is a very good musician.  She plays the violin too and is very accomplished.  Her major was music, so she really knows her stuff.  She is also nice and comes to the house to give the kids lessons.  I think they are really learning all of the notes and how to read music which she really pushes.  The recital was kind of thrown together at the last minute because my kids were the only ones that wanted to perform.

 It was actually kind of a crazy day as the kids were fighting a ton, and had all decided they did not want to have a recital.  Little Turkeys!  They do that sometimes just to be beastly.  Luckily we made it to the recital all in one piece, well actually I think they all look a little messy!  Halle was really sick and they all ended up coming down with the flu not to long after.  Maybe that is why they were so grumpy!

 They all did good!  Everyone played a couple songs and Kara and Hayden played a Christmas duet.  O.K they did have to play it twice as the first time they weren't really together, but the second time it turned out great.

 Yes I only had the zoom on the camera, so Brent could barely get Kara in the photo.  I put these in so I'll remember how long I went with only a telephoto lens.  See how I'm not taking credit for these photos (Brent took them).  I feel a little bad complaining about my camera, its not like I'm washing my clothes by hand or having to dry them on a clothes line.  Nothing against anyone who actually likes to hang their clothes out to dry.  I've noticed lots of people are doing it.  It's just I prefer the dryer, that way I always have an excuse for when my clothes are too tight!
Back to the recital!
 The duet!
 Of course this would be the photo that gets messed up!  Oh well they're cute no matter what!  

No comments: