Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas in The Pass!

Every year they Celebrate Christmas in the Pass with Santa and lots of festivities!
 Kara's little choir group sang and did a great job!  It would have really sounded great if the generator for the lights had not been so loud!

 The elves handed out programs!  We were all standing in a circle around this rod iron fence.  The elves came and gave a program to the lady next to me and then to the lady on the other side of me.  Anyways it was kind of weird, but I dismissed it and decided maybe she thought I was with one of them.  Then a few minutes later she went around and handed everyone a candy-cane except me.  The lady next to me said, "you have Yankee written all over your face(I knew the lady next to me.  I would have dismissed it as just another weird thing, but when she didn't I thought maybe I did have Yankee on my forehead)!"  
 Sometimes Christmas can be so stressful.  I try to regularly try to breath slowly to keep from freaking out.  Then there are those sweet moments when I hear my kids getting so excited for this event and I'm able to remember the true meaning of Christmas again.  Halle received a Christmas letter from Santa at school.  Kelton got a hold of the letter and was reading it to her.  After he read it he told her that was definitely from the real Santa because it was written in cursive and he mentioned one of his elves and only the real Santa would do that!!  So it's official Halle received a Christmas letter from the real Santa!!


 This is the fence behind the elves I was behind right in the front!!
 Kara and the choir girls!

 Downtown Pass Christian!
 More of Downtown!

 Downtown in front of the Soap shop!

 This is the first time I have not had to wait forever for Santa!  I guess that is what happens when you live in a small town where there is not one drive through restaurant in the city!
 Even our ward Christmas party we barely had to wait to sit on Santa's lap.  I was feeling the urge to help them make a line for Santa, but I decided there was barely any kids even if it was disorderly it wasn't that bad.  Isn't that funny how the more people there are sometimes the more smoothly things go because your forced to have a plan or else it's complete chaos.  I think that is why big families get lots of things done because they have to always have a plan.  I've heard people say how could you care for all those kids and really give them what they need.  Then I think of the 2 big families in our ward they both have over 7 children and they are always on time to church sitting on their benches.  Notice how I say their benches.  That is because they always sit in the same place because they are always early.  I'm going to try to be better this next year.  Oh yeah and I was in charge of the Nativity!  Don't worry you didn't miss a thing!  It was absolutely horrific.  Well I guess they won't be asking me to be in charge of that again( :
 Well since I'm off on tangents I'll go ahead and say that I attended my first sacrament meeting revival!  One of the members in our ward was asked to talk on the Holy Ghost!  He brought a whole new meaning to the word Holy Ghost.  The bishop finally tapped him to tell him his time was up.  I guess he would have passed him a note, but he does not read or write so he had to be tapped.  I told Brent he should have stood up and said, "Hallelujah I believe!"  The bishop then turned to the scriptures to correct some of the false doctrine that had just been preached.
 12 year olds are not grown ups, unless they want to go see the movie Ghost Protocol and then they are old!

Kelton's class put on a Christmas performance that was absolutely amazing.  I'm going to try to put their music up on you-tube.  Seriously they were really good.  I doubt my phone really captured how good they were.  I felt like I was at a real concert!  Kelton remained very serious through out the entire show!  He is already getting bummed about going back to school.
Halle is starting to really like school.  She said, "I want to be the smartest one in the class!"  She likes her friends and all of the kids are so cute.  Every single child knows my name and I cannot walk down the halls of this school with out almost every child saying, "Hi Miss Hucks," and then running up and giving me a big hug!  I have to admit I do like that about here.  
Halle's teacher is the one with the red sweater and she has been absolutely amazing about keeping Halle safe from peanuts!!!
This is Kara's hall!  I did those paper balls that are hanging from the ceiling.  Her teacher is the one with the blue shirt and Santa hat!  The one that hits people with her Stanky Shoe!  She is kind of  a nut, but she does know her stuff!  Believe me I know!  I've been corrected on several occasions for my grammatical errors.

Halle's favorite friend!  Even Halle had final exams!  They were hard too!  Her teacher showed me the tests and they were hard!  She also said they couldn't talk at all.  She said she was very proud of them because it is hard for them to go a whole day with out talking!  Well, not that hard for Halle because she plays the shy girl at school.  We all know the real Halle though!
Kara's class!  Some kids actually did not get to go to the party.  I couldn't believe they were using that as a punishment, but there are lots of things I can't believe!
Halle was the birthday girl that day!  She was so HAPPY!  She is beyond excited about everything!  Lots of twang in her voice especially at school.  I love this age!


My little Kare Bear!  Going through a bit of drama phase.  I think she thinks she's a Valley Girl or something!

Well like everyone I suppose I've been crazy busy making teacher gifts etc. and just when I think I'm done I think of someone else!  Sometimes I do wish I was superwoman, but I'm definitely not.  Even the gifts I make just turn out so so!  Well I was going to say something self depricating, but I've decided to try to be more positive this year.  Only two more weeks and then I can be negative again!!!  Just kidding!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Thanks for always inspiring me to be better.

No comments: