Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday!

The Flat! What a bummer!! I really wish Brent had been driving!
The Gingerbread house!! Oh what fun it is to make a Prefab Ginger Bread house!

Halle all bundled up!

Hayden taking control! These two are such good sports! They let Hayden boss them all over the place, and hardly ever complain about their Tyrannical leader!

Kara and Kelton with the remains of our Sunflower!

I will not participate!

Oh what fun it is to have Daddy read a Story! Kelton are you feeling love??

O.K., Sunday started out like almost every Sunday! Brent and I are running late and Kara is giving me a lecture on the importance of being on time for church! Kara told me this morning, "Mom, Grandma and Grandpa are always on time, because they get up early!" She said, "Maybe you should try getting up earlier on Sundays, like Grandpa and Grandma, and then you could be on time too!" Maybe we will try that next week!!

So the kids all ran down to Grandma's house so they could be on time!! Even Halle demanded to go with Grandma and Grandpa.
Brent and I followed! I jumped in the driver seat and was thinking I should let Brent drive, but I did not head my first warning! Then Brent lectured me all the way to church on how I needed to drive slow, and that if I slid it would cause the car to hit the curb, and mess up the alignment, brake the Axel, and flatten the tire, and be very expensive to fix! I of course was going very slow, not wanting to slide on the fresh fallen snow that was covering the streets. But, unfortunately right before I got to church I hit black ice and I did exactly what Brent had just said would happen! I was only going 5 mph, but that was too fast! Brent was very mad, to say the least, and I think it has pretty much ruined his day! I was really bummed to and hoping that the car was really fine and the electrical had just been knocked out of wack, but the car did not lie we really did have a flat! We are grateful no one was hurt, except the car, and our wallets.
The kids were very happy for the snow!! We figured out that if you slide down the slide in the backyard in your snow suite you go very fast to say the least! Halle thought it was so funny every time I went down the slide! She would giggle until she almost fell over!
We also made our Gingerbread house which was a lot of fun! Kara and Hayden had differing opinions on how the house should look, and so the back is done by Hayden and the front is done by Kara!! Kelton and Halle just filled in wherever they could!!!
The kids also figured out how to record themselves on the computer why me and Brent waited upstairs for them! We won't show the video, or you'll think your in Looneyville!
Well, the kids are all in bed, and now is the time when me and Brent indulge ourselves in as many treats as we can possibly get into us before we try to be good again on Monday! So it is time to Party!



3 comments:

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

yikes! I am glad no one was hurt, but so sorry for your black ice adventure. Cute Gingerbread house, looks like fun! We made Gingerbread men last night, but out of rice krispie treats instead of gingerbread, cuz it was too much work and didn't taste good enough last time lol I'm glad that Halle is feeling better too. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!
Love you!

schlenskefamily said...

Sorry about the car! Your pictures are great and it looks like your family is always having such fun. Wish we could visit! I sent my email address to your parents. Sorry it took so long to respond.

Laura said...

Glad you're okay!!!
PS, I almost had a heart attack looking at your gingerbread house, thinking you had made it from scratch, and then I rested easy when I read the word "prefab". It is beautiful!!
Have a great Christmas Alison!!
PSS, went to Nordstrom's, that must be a Boise store thing, they didn't have the lip plumper at the one here, DARN!