Monday, April 30, 2012

Termites!

Hayden won Most improved band member in his band.
 He didn't want to wear a tie, but the dress was semi formal so to me that means you wear a tie, right?  I told him if I had to wear a dress he had to wear a tie.  I understand where he was coming from because I absolutely dread wearing high heels or really anything except comfy close.  If I had my way I would only wear tennis shoes, scrubs, sweats or work out clothes.  

 He picked out his clothes.  I think he did a pretty good job.  Takes after his Daddy!
 Hayden was invited over to a friends house and I was trying to figure out which friend it was and if I had met him at school so I asked him, "Is it the boy with the dark hair that is about the same size as you?"  He replied, "Its the boy that is the same height as me, but more dense!"  We had a whole conversation about the density of his friends.  No one was skinny or fat, just more dense and less dense.  I think I like this from now  on I'm just going to say, "I'm just more dense than I used to be!"
 There was a little fair that came through and the kids begged and begged to go.
 Halle kept saying," I loved the Merry-Go-Round the best!"  Kara thought this was so hilarious because it was the Ferris Wheel she loved not the Merry-Go-Round.  Kara thought it was so funny she just kept asking her and every time Halle would forget it was called a Ferris Wheel and say Merry-Go-Round.  I'm afraid she takes after me.  I always seem to call everything the wrong name.
 Hayden and Halle getting off and Kara and Kelton above waving.

 The Orbiter!  Kelton and Kara were both tall enough to go on this ride, but only with an adult.  Brent had to work.  So that left only one adult who doesn't do well on spinning up and down rides.  I asked the guy if they could go with Hayden, but he said No, it had to be with me.  Kara wanted to go first so I got on with Kara first.  I screamed and screamed and screamed and then I was silent for the last 20 seconds. She screamed along with me and laughed and was also silent for the last 20 seconds.  She was getting sick too.  I was  soooo sick and dizzy.  I felt like my brain was bouncing against the side of my head.  So we get off the ride.  Kara tells Kelton that was awesome!  I'm barely able to make it to the exit as I'm walking all crazy. I'm sooo dizzy.  We drew some onlookers (I guess I was screaming really loud, me and Kara were the only ones on the ride).  I tried to talk one of the onlookers into riding with Kelton, but all my screaming had frightened them.  I looked at Kelton and said, "are you sure you want to do this?"  He looked at me like if I don't get to go I think my heart might break in two!  The guy running the Orbiter looked at me and said, "I'll let you go for free if you want to take him now."  For a second there I just thought he wanted to see me vomit, but then I decided he felt sorry for me.  So I thought to myself, "Alison you can do this!  Pull it together and get on that ride!"  I kept my head between my lets for about 5 minutes and then went for it.  I asked the guy exactly how long the ride was and he said it goes for exactly 2 minutes.  Wow it seemed like way more than 2 minutes to me.  So we got on the ride and I tried to be excited for Kelton!  I screamed and screamed and screamed and counted in my head trying to keep focused.  The other kids said they thought my screams were on a timer.  After I was done a fellow told me I should win Mother of the Year for that.  I have to agree.  I was pretty sick for the rest of the time, but the nice guy at the Orbiter let me and Kelton on for free so that meant we got to do a few more rides!!!
 This is how everyone in Mississippi lives.
 This is Hayden's friends house!  He had a blast.  He caught fish, turtles, and frogs.  He was chased by man eating ducks (that is what he said who knows if there are really man eating ducks).  He road 4 wheelers, and explored acres of land.
 When we pulled up, Kelton said, "that is awesome if you have this much land you don't even need to clean it up you can just leave stuff all over the place and no one even cares."
My kids would love this, but I'm not so sure about me.  Right now we have Termites!  So I guess there are just certain times when they swarm.  Well last night they were crawling all over our walls coming in from everywhere.  The boys killed over 30 in their bathroom and then ended up sleeping on the couch.  I was so freaked out I couldn't even sleep.  They look like worms with wings.  This morning Halle was sick and couldn't go to school so I didn't go to work and stayed home with her and swept up over 300 dead termites (I'm probably underestimating)! GROSS!  I'm not looking forward to tonight when the termites start to swarm again.  I am grateful that they are just swarming and that we do not have to put one of those bags over our house.  The termites and having to call in sick to work almost made me have a panic attack.  I think I'm a wimp.  Just when I think I can take another day in Mississippi the bugs go crazy.  I mean it's like Moses and the plagues!!!!

No comments: