Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lately

 Kara and her friend Kindi
 Halle's after school nap!
 Kelton and Hayden playing a little Wii!  Hayden had a band concert.  I feel bad I did not get any pictures, but they did awesome.  They were not suppose to be judged because they are the beginning band, but they judged them anyway and they got a perfect score from every judge.  Hayden has decided he would like to try and get a scholarship for playing the Tuba.  His band teacher told him it is a great way to get a scholarship to your pick of schools.  Hayden is a no nonsense type of guy.  I did some sub teaching at his school and there were a couple girls in one of the classes that were very silly.  I would have said they were showing off to be popular.  I asked Hayden about them and he said "Oh yeah I know them.  They are really weird.  I don't know why they act like that.  I think there is something wrong with them."  He had no tolerance for their behavior at all.
 Here's the whole in my tire that I tried to repair with guerilla glue!  I'm really beginning to fit in down here.  Just for your information it doesn't really work.  It did slow it down a bit.  We have those Drive Flat tires on our car.  Holy cow those tires are freaking expensive to fix and don't wear well at all.
 So we finally fixed the tire and my car is driving beautifully again.  Brent thinks I got the flat from driving the kids to school like a race car driver.  The pot wholes around here are insane!!  I probably could be a race car driver. We haven't been late to school at all this year.  I'm pretty proud of myself for this.  I guess the rules at the school do help keep me from being late.  
 So pretty this time of year!!  I love the weather, but I hate the bugs!  I think I have over a hundred mesquito bug bites.  I don't even count anymore.  Well actually that is not totally true.  I like to point out all my huge bites to the kids and Brent.  Why is that so much fun?  The kids like to do it too.  Brent never gets bit.  So unfair!!!


 The kids had a super hero day after school.  They made capes and did all sorts of fun stuff at the school.  They had a treasure hunt in the dark at the school and got to touch kryptonite.  Then they served pizza and made crafts.
 Afterwards they thought they were superheros!
 Kelton just had a school field trip.  They took them to a place called Monkey Joes.  Where I'm guessing they got to act like Monkey's all day.  He said it was fun "except that they had some dumb rules like no running!" 
 I'm in charge of Cub Scouts so we've been doing lots of Scouting stuff.  I through away all of my Cub Scout stuff because I had decided I was never going to have anything to do with Scouts again.  Well now I'm back in and having to rewrite letters to parents, flag ceremonies, where to buy shirts, explanations on how the cub scouting program works, and last but not least trying to figure out how to tell parents that they actually have to be involved.  Kelton seems to love it and I continue to struggle through keeping track of everyones progress.  It really is a good program.  There's just so much record keeping.  Why can't it be more like activity girls??
 Here's my cute girl Kara who they are testing for their gifted program.  They seem to love her and her teachers keep telling her she is going to take home all the awards at the end of the year!  I guess they give out all these awards at their end of the year awards ceremony.
 Halle continues to try her best at school and is doing great.  She made it into the 100 club and the ABC club.  In order to make it into the club you have to be able to recognize all the letters and numbers, write them all correctly (even the right direction), and say the sound and the name.  She also made it into the AR club for making her AR goal (reading a certain number of books and taking tests on them with a score greater than 80%).  She was also very close to making it into the site word club.  She knows all the site words, but they actually time the children, so if you don't say them fast enough you don't make it into the "Club!"  She takes all these things very seriously, and so was a little disappointed.  


 Halle loves to be clean and smell good.  The other day Brent leaned over to give her a kiss and she said, "Dad smell your face, your face stinks!"  I smelled Brent's face and sure enough it smelled a little sweaty.  She cracks me up.  
 This is a goat.  Yep the Boss Man at Brent's old work has decided to buy goats.  WIERD, but cute.
 I have to brag a little about the bulletin boards I did for one of my teachers.  I thought they turned out soo cute.  I had the kids make the birds, flowers, and bugs and they turned out so good.
 I had to free hand Mr. Elephant which I thought  really turned out to look like and Elephant.  I was surprised because I am not an artist by any definition.
 Well while I'm bragging about myself I might as well tell you how amazing I am at the copy machine!  The teachers now want me to teach them how to make speedy copies.  I mastered the multiple task copy job!  Too funny!  I have thought of a few new inventions for the copy machine that would make them much more task efficient for the teachers.  Actually those machines prob. already exist.  Oh and they asked me to be the PTO president, only because no one else wants the job (so nothing to brag about here).  I don't want that job, even if I was planning to stick around here.  I think it should be someone that is related to everyone which is not very difficult to find around here.
 We did decorate some cookies at the mall too!

 And decided to enter all of our names in the drawing for an Easter Basket!!"  Hayden was at an overnight-er at the church.  

 The kids thought they would win for sure!
 Oh and it's pool time again.  The kids love the pool!  
 Kelton hit his head and got a big goose egg!  I helped it feel better by wrapping an ace bandage around his head with some ice in it!  Kelton thought he looked like "Finn the human" from the show Adventure time.  I've never seen the show, but I guess he wears a hat that looks like this.  Don't you wish I was your nurse;)

 We had an Easter Egg hunt at the church!

 Then it was on to field day at the school!
 What a cute boy!  What would I do with out his good example.  I hope he never grows out of his desire to be good and kind to everyone.

 He is also quite competitive!
 Halle is the one with the pink shorts!

 Very Fun Day at School!



 Go Halle!

 Brent tried to give them some instructions on how to win a tug a war!  Unfortunately we lost any way.  I will say the other teacher had a couple hundred pounds on our teacher which could have had something to do with the outcome!  Just a guess.

 Brent attended lunch time for the first time.   He enjoyed the quiet!

 Then there was Art in the Pass!
 Sea Creatures!

 Art for the kids!




Halle falls asleep again!
Hayden asked Brent the other day,  "Who taught you how to tease?  Was it your mom or your dad!"  Brent said, he learned all on his own. Hayden still believes someone must have taught Brent how to tease.  I wish you could here my kids prayers lately.  I love kids, they are always so honest and have so much faith.  So much to learn from a little child.  What happens to us when we grow up??

1 comment:

Kathy D said...

Thank you for posting! I check on your blog at least twice a day to see how you and your cute family are doing!