Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break Update

Well here goes a long one for the record books!  Good news Brent is employed again.  I also have moved up the ladder from a school lunch lady to a school substitute teacher, and now on to a school nurse.  My job starts this Tuesday.  We stayed home for our spring break and just did some fun stuff around Mississippi and Louisiana. 
 My little guys after Frog and Toad hunting in our backyard.  We have had some huge Thunderstorms.  I actually did not know Thunderstorms like this even existed!  They would shake the house and light the entire house up.  Brent said, "Now you know why they thought there was a God of Thunder!"   The clouds just pick  up the ocean and then is just seems to dump the ocean on us.  It is kind of fun if you like storms and your not in it or your house is not flooding.  Some people in our wards home flooded for the 5th time since Katrina!
 Hayden took wanted a close up on one of the little frogs.  The kids put him in a jar for a little while and they were saying he is just bouncing around like crazy like he wants to get out.  They decided he was missing his family and so they quickly let him go.
 We met some friends at the Beach in Waveland and had a great time!!  This beach is just a couple minutes from our home.
 Kara and Kelton
 Kelton and our little friend who is Halle's age!  Very sweat little guy!
 Halle
 Hayden and Roberto!  Robert is a year older than Hayden, so that is why he is bigger.; )
 We also went to the ZOO!  So much fun!  It was a beautiful day.  Actually it is so funny because I was just thinking Ryan and Kathy were going to come and this is exactly what we were going to do.  Then our lives kind of fell apart a little and we didn't really know what we were going to do, so they decided to go to Disney World!  We missed you guys!!!  I'm sure they will have a blast at Disney World though,  I wish we were going with them: )
 Kara and Kelton!  Oh and we stopped at this McDonald's in New Orleans to use the restrooms.  It looked like a nice McDonald from the outside.  Once we go inside we realized we were in a crazy part of town.  The bathrooms were locked and you had to get a token to use them.  We got a token and I made Kelton come in the girls bathroom with me.  He was not happy about it.  There was a lady in there with her kids and she was not very conservative looking but she was saying, "yeah you don't want to let your kids out of your site etc......"  Anyways I started getting a little nervous.  Halle then goes into the restroom and I can see her feet and she is not going even close to the toilet.  So I say, "Halle do you need some help?"  She says "YES!" I open the door and go in and almost vomit!  There was you know what all over the toilet.  Poor girl I shut her in there with that crap and she did not know what to do!  Glad to get out of there!!  I sent the kids out to Brent in the Car and then went back to get some Napkins.  I have to go by some gross guys and they start saying stuff (I'm sure you can guess).  I decided not to get the napkins.  
 I love these guys!  They have grown so much in this last year.  I'm so happy with the people they are becoming.  They are wise beyond their years.

 I don't really like taking pictures of animals, but I have a daughter that is an animal lover!!!  Kara loves, loves, loves animals!!  She wants me to take pictures of all the animals.  I think she should be a Veterinarian.
 Making our way into the Zoo!
 I hate snakes, so I kept my distance!

 The petting Zoo!
 Halle was a little nervous at first!
 Hayden
 Halle
 Brent!  Just kidding!  I just had to take this picture.  He just looks so human!  He was really annoyed with everyone looking at him.
 I think the Monkey's, Apes, and Chimpanzees are my favorite.

 I'll admit I went a little crazy here.  This was the moma Chimpanzee and she is rocking her baby in her arms.
 This is the giant Daddy!
 Then the cutest thing ever!!!  The baby and Mommy started playing with eachother.  It was soooo sweet!
 The baby kept poking, and sticking his hand in his mom's mouth.  She was so patient and he was being such a little stinker!

 Love this one!
 The little Monkey was so funny because all the people would laugh and then he would bug his mom more and then he would look out at all of us like that's funny, huh?
 Seriously  I don't think I have ever had more fun looking at animals.




 This is one of those times he just looked over at all of us.  Isn't he cute.  I guess Brent and Hayden saw a lady holding a Monkey and riding a motorcycle in Waveland.  No one around here buckles their kids up.  I know this has nothing to do with Monkey's but it just reminded me of how many times I have seen little kids climbing all over their car.  Just the other day there was a lady who got into her car with 3 little kids under the age of 3 and none of them buckled and she pulled out onto a major highway.  


 He got tired of bugging his mom and went onto bug his Daddy!

 He was HUGE!
 Kara liked that he was playing with this little cloth.  After a while the Daddy Monkey took it and dropped it.  I think trying to get the baby to stop climbing all over him.



 Getting a little Wet!






 Giraffe's


 White Alligators!

 Nets!

 Wrestling with the Gators.  Hayden got his head stuck in one of the Gators mouths, but used a few Jujitsu moves to get free!
 Kara and the Flamingos
 More Gators!

 This is how we have a pet!
We visit the pet store!
So the truth is I think our time is probably about up here in Mississippi.  I've grown to really appreciate and love a lot of things, and then of course there are things that I hope to never see again.  There are so many good people everywhere.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people who have helped me learn and grow.  Even though it's been hard I would do it a thousand times over.  I'm so grateful for life and all of it's experiences that help show me what is really important.

1 comment:

Lyric Payne said...

Okay that was a record long post...but I loved it!! I loved the updates. You guys are such a wonderful family. I can tell you have so much fun together and really love each other. We were hoping you would move back here but it sounds like you have some good stuff going on. I am so happy for you. At least we still have your parents!!