Saturday, April 14, 2012

EASTER in MISSISSIPPI

It seems like every time I turn around there is another Holiday to Celebrate.  I remember as a child wishing there were more holidays, but as an adult I sometimes find myself wishing there were not so many.  
 Egg dyeing!  What can I say about the dyeing of eggs?  Is it really fun?  Who thought of this tradition?  This is one of those traditions like carving pumpkins that I probably would skip if I could.  Brent avoids it at all cost too, so that makes me like it even less.  The kids seem to love it, except that I had to keep reminding the boys to decorate their eggs or I was going to let the girls decorate all of them.  They were more inclined to have nerf sword wars, but the thought of the girls getting to dye their eggs kept them coming back every time I'd mention it.  It does look like lots of fun.  Brent is selling his road bike, so that is why there is a road bike in my kitchen: )
 This is the first year I think that we did not have any spills.  Yeah!  
 Hayden made a little storm trooper egg. 

 Mom make sure and zoom in on my egg, please!
 My cute kids looking in their baskets before church.  I really wanted to get the girls new Easter dresses, but we decided to hold off.  Halle was really eyeing some white gloves and lots of accessories!!  Maybe next year!
 After church a family in our ward invited us over for a big Easter Egg Hunt!
 There were some real eggs hidden too.  This is Halle finding a real Egg.  I'm not sure if she was very excited about the real egg.  She doesn't even like the taste of real eggs.
 Isn't Mississippi beautiful.
 Kelton is on a mission!
 They live on 40 acres.  20 of it is marsh.  It is up for sale for 340 thousand, that is with a 3 thousand sq foot home.  Anyone want to move to Mississippi?
 Kara and Brent with a little hand squeeze in passing.
 I think I'll be sad when my kids are all grown up.  I'll probably just sit in my rocking chair and look at my blog.  I hope computers don't become obsolete. 
 Hayden decided he was too old to get Easter eggs so he decided to just help the little kids.  After they had their loot of eggs and he realized he was going home empty handed he decided to ask the kids if they would all share a few of their eggs with him.  




 New teeth!
 She can be a nut!
 They hid water balloons too!  Kelton obviously is interested in getting someone!  Actually they were doing a balloon toss.  I think he just caught it.
 Oh No it popped!
 The house!
 Hayden of course thought he could catch something in their pond.  Now remember there are snakes!!!  Actually "The mom" told the kids to be careful because there was a very big snake that had decided to make the pond his home (one of her daughters said she was just trying to scare the kids so they wouldn't fall in).
 Hayden found the snake and one of the adults tried to catch it.  I stayed far from the pond and tried to tell my kids to stay away too.  Obviously Hayden did not heed my warning.

The family has 7 kids and they all live close by.  Actually the name of their street is called Sones Lane.  That is their last name.  It's kind of like Emmett and all of Grandma siblings.  Everyone is somehow related to everyone.  They were very nice to include us in their festivities.  We had a very nice Easter and are very grateful for the Resurrection and what it means for all of us.  At times it can be overwhelming to think of the gift the Savior has given to all of us. 

No comments: