Monday, November 7, 2011

STENNIS

 STENNIS Finally!


We took a tour of the John C. Stennis Space Center.  It is the Rocket Propulsion testing ground.  It is over 125, 000 acres!  The space center was named in honor of Senator John C. Stennis for his steadfast leadership and staunch support of the nations space program.
 First we road a big tour bus around the entire site.  Lets see if I can remember everything!  Where's Brent when I really need him.  He has one of those photographic memories when it comes to facts about well anything.
 Halle enjoying the ride.  Actually she did a lot of "when are we going to be there?"

 Waterway Bridge.  I'm not sure if that is the name, so I'm just making that up.  Anyways it sounds good, right?  It's a Bridge that lets the boats through etc.

 Again I can't remember what these are called, but these are the things that they put out in the gulf to measure the storm activity.  For example this is what we get our hurricane warnings from in a round about way.  Huge life saver ( :

 NORA  this is one of the many sites on the grounds.  This is where they study anything to do with the ocean and ocean life!
 Hayden?





 Rocket!
 Rocket tester sight!  The engines are so loud that you have to be ? ft away or it will break the glass in your car windows and break your eardrums!  I can't remember all the details.  I guess I'll have to do the tour again.

 J-2x Rocket Engine tester at Stennis








 Astonaut Halle
 Astronaut Hayden
 Astronaut Kelton
 Astronaut practice

 Mock Rocket landing!

 Musuem
I think there was a better picture, but I of course sent the bad one from Brent's phone!  Oh well!
One of the Many Sites to see in the South!

No comments: