Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nov. Oct Misc.

Here are a few pictures that just missed the blog over the last couple of months.  This first one is of my 3rd degree burn I gave myself while making carrot soup!  I don't know about you, but sometimes I get in these moods where I just start trying new recipes (the kids hate it).  The problem is I can't decide what to make so I try lots of new recipes at once.  Second problem I'm so distracted that I have accidents.  Brent says he likes all the new foods, but he is afraid I may kill myself.  Just a few battle wounds.

I put the boiling carrots and water into the blender (one of those really powerful ones) and forgot to check the settings.  Turned on the blender full speed, the top was not on tightly so it blew the boiling carrot juice all over me and the kitchen.  I was covered from head to toe in boiling carrot juice along with my kitchen. I'm so glad the kids were not in the kitchen.  The piano teacher was here and she was a little worried (more by the explosive noise).  I'm sure she thinks I'm a nut now.  Maybe I am.   I burned both arms, but only a ring around my left arm was really bad and blistered up.  It looks good with my hand scar, kind of balances everything out!
There is a hood to coast drive along the coast down here where every sort of car kind of parades itself along highway 90!  Brent took the kids and our little friend down and they looked at some of the cars!  Halle was too tired so we stayed home and read books.
The kids got their grades and did really good!  Kelton and Hayden are not pictured because they went to a Robot camp at Stennis!  Can you believe I did not get a picture of them with their homemade worms, etc.  I think they had a good time.  It's hard to get a straight answer out of them.  They built a robot monkey out of Lego's and then used the computer to program the monkey.  It sounded like fun to me.  It was an all day event so I think that is why I did not get a huge thumbs up from the boys!
Halle in the pumpkin patch!
This is Halle every morning!  So zonked out!!  Brent is really good at waking the kids up.  Sometimes he makes them scream, but usually they are laughing by the time they make it to the table.
Kara and her little friend
Kara wouldn't wake up one morning so Brent was trying all sorts of crazy things to see if she could sleep through them and she did!  School starts really early here, but I am so grateful the sun comes up early too!  The sun is up and shining at 6am!  Love it!  
So here are my pumpkin patch pictures!  We did go to the pumpkin patch!  Don't want anyone to think we might have skipped this year!
Don't be fooled by the beautiful ocean!  There are time bombs in this pumpkin patch!  RED ANTS!

Oh yeah and we went to a birthday party!  Paula nursing animals and then lets them back into the wild.  She is the one that has the raccoon too.  Here are the kids with the little chipmunks.
Chipmunk on Hayden's swim suit!
On the bridge again!  Conquered my fear of bridges.  I no longer get butterfly's when I cross the bridge!  This is Sunday that is why I am wearing a necklace.  
My little helper!  We got a trampoline and Kelton helped put it all together from start to finish!

My little tidbit for today!  I just love listening in on kids conversations.  It's a real learning experience. A glimpse into the mind of your child.  Halle asked Kara and Kelton, "Are we going to watch the movie in the graveyard (referring to school movie night)?" My little practical Kara responds with an exasperated, "No, Halle it's in the Courtyard, not the Graveyard (easy mistake graveyard, courtyard, the're both yards)!"  Halle, "But my teacher says we are going to watch it in the Graveyard."  Kelton chimes in with, "Halle we are not watching the movie in the Graveyard, that is where people died!  There are probably tons of germs in there that we could get sick from!  Also I've heard there are tons of gnats in there too (there are gnats everywhere)!"

No comments: