Monday, November 7, 2011

The Farm in The Kiln


I started my day out by taking the kids to school with my shirt on backwards and inside out, so hopefully that is not a foreshadowing of the rest of my day.  I'm glad Brent decided to ask me why I was wearing my shirt backwards and inside out after I got back from taking the kids to school.  One of the teachers was laughing and now I know why!   
This weekend we went up to The Kiln.  Kind of like when you go up to The Boise or up to The Reno or up to  The any city!  Isn't that the way everyone says it?  Anyway, The Kiln is just a little city close by us, like Meridian to Boise.

First we stopped and took Kara to a Birthday party at this big farm!
The kids had tons of fun!

Kara my little animal lover!  Actually, all of my kids should have been born on a farm!  I don't know where they got it from, but they love the country life.  Picking up snakes, bugs, dogs, cats, mice, you name it my kids love it!
Then we went on up to a family in our wards farm!  They have 6 grown children and invited us along too.  The kids loved it.  It was a beautiful day!
Everyone got to ride the horse including me!  Mrs. Sones/Sister Sones has this problem where the skin grows over her trachea and so every couple of months she has to go in and have the skin removed from on top of her trachea.  They say eventually she will have to have a tracheotomy.   She was up at the farm making sure everyone was having fun.  I think I should be a historian.  I love hearing about everyone's history.  I'm always so amazed by the strength and courage of so many people.  It really makes me want to be better.  
Off Halle goes!
Some Hay Jumping!
Mr./Brother Sones!  Very nice and a funny guy too!  They had a fish fry too!  That is what they call it down here when they fry up some fish and everyone eats it!  A FISH FRY!

Wagon Rides too!
Hayden drove the wagon!  Then he set Kelton in between his legs and helped him drive the wagon too.  What a nice big brother! 
The Riders!

Kara out on the horse!
What a beautiful Day!  I know I already said that!  We were all sitting and Talking in a circle and I kept saying excuse me, because I needed them to repeat what they had asked me.  Brother Sones says to me, "Are you having trouble understanding the way we talk?"  It was pretty funny at the time.  I think that was one of those had to be there moments.  Not so funny when I try and retell it.  
Kelton and Kara were discussing Ya'alls.  Kelton says, "I'm not going to say ya'all because it is not proper English."  Kara says, "I like saying ya'all, but it just doesn't sound right when I say it.  It doesn't sound like I mean it!"
Kelton continues to try and avoid swearing.  He has taken it to the next level and now does not like to see any movies that have bad words.  He has decided he really can't see anything.  It is rather discouraging for him, since he loves super hero movies.  He is afraid that no one in  Hollywood is going to be able to go to heaven.  Poor guy!  He's such a perfectionist that everything just really hits him hard. I hope the world doesn't corrupt this little guy. 
Hayden told Brent he had thought of a good way Brent could make money.  He told him he could go around annoying people for money.  If someone wants to annoy someone else they can just call Brent to do the annoying.  Hayden has decided that his father can be rather annoying!  All of the kids also decided that Brent should start a business of singing about anything bad that happens.  When ever the kids are about to spill something etc., Brent burst out singing really loud Opera style "Don't spill your mi ii...........ilk!"  He does it with everything so I don't really even notice it anymore.  You gotta love when your kids get old enough to point out all your crazy antics that you deny you have.
I am trying hard not to use some of my favorite words this week.  I love words like you know what I mean?, Anyway, So , Anyhow, Well, Before, like, Actually, etc.  I'm sure I'll fail! 
Lately blogger has really been messing up on what I write.  It leaves out whole sentences and then what I'm saying does not make any sense.  It's hard enough for people to understand what I'm writing with out blogger completely leaving out entire sentences.  Actually on this very blog I had written about talents and it left out my entire point.  I guess that is what I get for not liking to proof read anything.


No comments: