Thursday, November 10, 2011

CRIME SCENE WITNESS!

I usually don't post things with out a picture, but I felt this was note worthy! 

Yesterday I took Hayden to MIA in Waveland.  I dropped him off and then ran to the Walgreen's to drop off some prescriptions.  After I dropped off the prescriptions I decided I better head up the street a couple of blocks to Wal-mart to get some gas for the car.  I got my gas and started to head out to the street.  A car pulled in front of me.  The car was going rather slow.  I was kind of in a hurry because I had to go home before I went back to pick up Hayden, which is a little bit of a drive.  So I am a little bummed when the lady in front of me takes a right out of Wal-mart and then heads to the next light to make a u-turn.  I notice as I am behind her that she is driving a little weird.  When she made her U-turn she drove in the bike lane for about 20 feet before swerving back into her lane.  I decided even though she is driving slow and I am in a hurry to just play it safe and stay in the middle lane and hang back a ways.  I was a little afraid she might swerve into me if I tried to pass her. I noticed at this time that she was on the phone and there was something in her lap!  We are coming to a stop light that is red.  I slow down and watch her as she sails through the intersection.  She ran the red light and ran right into a truck that was making a Right turn on a green.  I actually could not believe my eyes, because she never even put on her breaks.  She wasn't even going that fast.  Anyways, she T-bone this 19 or 20 year old boy.  The airbag goes off and immediately an over sized African American lady pops out of the car holding a screaming 15 month old baby boy!  I'm still just sitting at the light thinking "is this really happening."  I picked up my phone to call 911 and looked around hoping someone else was going to stop and help (I know not very nice of me).  Everyone just kept driving around the accident as if nothing had happened.  I pulled over and ran across the street to make sure everyone was O.K.  Immediately the lady starts yelling (at the boy driving the truck), "my light was green, you ran a red light (while holding a screaming toddler in her arms)!"  I could not believe she was lying!  I told the boy I would stay and be a witness.  He was very appreciative.  Anyways, now I'm a witness to a crime scene.  I was the only witness, well there were more, but no one else stopped.  Of course as soon as the police arrived she went off blaming the kid for pulling out right in front of her.  I gave my statement after the police officer shut her up.  I told him I can't believe she is lying about this and he turned to me and said, "oh they all do."  I then drove home very carefully and very grateful that no one was hurt.  Also very glad that I could keep someone from getting away with a big fat lie!

3 comments:

Jennece Kahuhu said...

Good for you! Even my daughter read that and said, "Good for you!" We've been dealing with vanalism lately is been really annoying! One of are cars have had spray paint all down the side of it and not our van got keyed with a lovely swear word on it! Ughh! I know we haven't made enemy's that quick! The police officer said it's a bunch of bored older teenagers!

Kathy D said...

Wow! I'm so glad you were there & that you were a good and honest person. I bet the 19-year old boy is so grateful!

Lyric Payne said...

After the whole Penn State saga that is unbelievable, it's good to hear there are people who know how to stand up for justice in the world. You rock!