Saturday, October 29, 2011

HAPPY FALL FESTIVAL!

Our first dress up of the year.  Our school Carnival is more like a big Halloween Party.  I have to say that I thought I did not like Carnivals, but this was really fun!  As soon as the kids got off the bus we got to work getting all dressed up!  We had 1 hour to eat, get everyone dressed, and hair and faces painted.  Brent was working so it was all me.

First one!  Not so happy about the finished product!  Actually the hair and make-up looked better, but the pop star in a rage just kind of messed it all up.  If you recall from last years picture, this little rock-star cried about my hair and make-up skills on her Witch outfit.  This girl is very hard to please.  I guess she wanted to look like a pretty rock-star!  How would I know.  We will try again tonight.  Hopefully I'll do better.  Of course we had to have the 10 minute talk all the way to the party about attitudes and how she could choose to cry about her hair and ruin the festival or she could just go and have fun and say hey my hairs crazy, but I'm going to have fun anyway.  Kara lately has been getting really embarrassed about everything.  At activity days just last week they gave out these little mirrors and she was in the hall making all these funny faces in it and getting a little crazy talking to the mirror, well some of the ladies saw her and thought she was cute and funny. When she looked up and saw that she'd been discovered you would have thought the world ended.  I mean she made a bigger seen after the fact.  I tried to tell her she was embarrassing herself more by being so crazy about it (crazy is an understatement).  Later she said, "How would you feel if people were laughing at you and you were 9 years old!"  She had to throw the 9 year old part in, because she had already asked me the question how would you feel if people were laughing at you.  I kept telling her it's better just to look at what your doing and say "hey that was kind of funny, I'm pretty funny, I think I'll just laugh too!" 
 Hayden was very pleased with his costume!  He wanted me to take several pictures!  The key to good make-up is Ben Nye.  It is make-up you get at a Halloween store.  It is cheap too, but way better than that stuff from Wal-mart.  It doesn't crack.  Also the guy told me to spray some really cheap hairspray on your face after your done and then the make-up will stay on.  I guess the cheaper the hairspray the higher the alcohol content.  I actually forgot to get hairspray, but in case you need your make-up to stay on for a long time there is a good tip!
 My little Dorothy!  So cute.  She liked her costume too.  She was so happy she got to have a little mascara and lipstick!  I'm going to get a better picture of her tonight for the Trunk-or Treat!
 Keltonator also liked his costume and his make-up artist!
 There was a Rock-wall and no lines!


 Hayden made it to the top several times!
 Kelton was a little frustrated!


 In the Cafeteria!
 ZOMBIE
 YEAH!  THE ROCKER chooses to be Happy!

 Still Zombified!
 Nice Pose Skelator!
 Halle's not in this because when Brent arrived me and Halle ran home to get our jackets!  A cold front came in and cooled it right down.  
 Brent finally got off work!  YEAH!
 Rocker Girl made it to the top and rang the bell!

 Skeletor tries again, but does not quite make it!  GRrrrrrrrrr
 Mummy climbs again!




 Sliding!


 Right across from the school is the Cemetery.  They put on a little show in the Cemetery and told the history of some of the dead in the Cemetery, which in turn gave a history of Pass Christian.  It was very neat.  The Middle School Gifted kids were the actors.  We toured the cemetery and stopped at graves for a little history from the dead.
 They had little bags with candles lighting the graveyard.  It looked really cool.
 It's hard to get good pictures in the dark!

 Halle in her warm clothes!
 More Cemetery!  During the day the kids all went on the tour.
 The entire night was well, very festive.  Just how I imagine Halloween.  I wish ya'all could have gone to the graveyard tour.  The kids did so good telling the stories of their dead.  They played music, danced, dueled, cried, etc.  Kara's favorite story was of a little girl Haddie who climbed to the top of the light house that her family lived in and then fell to her death.  The rest of the family later died from Zinc poisoning.  I think that is why the little girl got dizzy when she got to the top of the light house.
 There is so much history here!
And of course Hayden wanted one more Zombie picture!  "A close-up Please!!!!"
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The kids and I were all huddled around the computer tonight after trick-or-treating because I promised my mom earlier this evening that I'd post some Halloween pics on Facebook a.s.a.p. As we were clicking along a picture of Halle and Makenna at the waterpark popped up and we all started talking about how much we love and miss you guys! I have to say...I am so glad you blog!!! We hopped right over here and read all about the fun carnival and saw all of the kids adorable Halloween costumes!! Please tell them we think they ALL looked great! I think about you a ton and would love to chat but don't really know when the best time is to call you? Hopefully we can catch up sometime soon :) hugs from all of us! love, Mis