Monday, October 17, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

I can't believe October is half way over!  I need the clock to stop for a little bit so I can breath a little!  Here is a quick little update.  I'm missing some of my pictures, but who knows where they went?  Actually they are probably on Brent's phone.

 These are Clams.  Brent's boss invited us to a Clam Dig at their home.  They live in our neighborhood.  It was a nice little party.  All the alcohol you can drink, lots of sea food, and music.  We just drank water so the clams did not taste very good to us.  Just kidding I did not even try one.  I've tried them before and I'm afraid salty buggers are only good if your drunk.  Purely my opinion.  
 Natalie sent this picture of the boys at the race track before we left.  I thought it was cute and since we learned how to do some google chatting with the boys this month I thought I'd add it.  Of course we are still missing our little friends a whole lot!!!  The kids are already planning their talents for the reunion next year.

 Halle at the park with a couple new friends.  I really did try to get a shot of the 3 of them, but Claudia would not look at the camera for anything!  Halle of course is sport'n some plaid shorts and a striped shirt.  No one can pull off an outfit quite like my girl Halle!  She changes her clothes at least 3 times a day!

 Halle's class went to the pumpkin patch!  This was my little group of kids to watch over!  They all chose a pumpkin to bring back to school to decorate!  Lots of fun except for the red ants.  They are like little bombs planted through out the yard!  We went as a family and picked pumpkins out too.  I took pictures, but they are some of the missing.

 Halle got really sick at the beginning of the month too.  She was in soooo much pain as we waited for the doctor.  She had double ear infections and terrible chest congestion that lasted a couple of weeks.  She is all better now!  Thank goodness as Kelton would say.  Kelton is continuing his mission to save the world from breaking the 3rd commandment.  Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.  When ever a child in his class takes the Lord's name in vain he asks them to please say Oh my goodness or Oh my Gosh.  I asked him how this was going?  He said some of the kids are saying Oh my goodness or Oh my gosh, but some are not.  One little boy told him Oh my goodness is a bad word.  Kelton asked me if you stick your middle finger up in the air does that mean your saying all the bad words in the world?  Then he said, "It's O.K. mom I don't need to know because I am never going to stick my middle finger up in the air!"

 This is Halle's whole class at the pumpkin patch!
 One more of my little Pipi feeling very horrible in the Dr.'s office!  I was feeling horrible for her.  It was a very sad day for us!!
 Hayden always on the look out for lizards.  Catching lizards is a favorite pass time for the kids.  Kara and Halle and Kelton also like to try and catch the butterfly's too.  We have tons of butterfly's in our yard.  They always let them go after they catch them.  Sometimes they will put them in a jar for a few minutes, but they don't like to see anything die!  Kara has caught about 3 butterfly's which is pretty impressive as they move quickly.
 Yes Kelton is eating wearing his sunglasses!  We don't know why?  Just something fun to do.  We are all set for Halloween!  We found our new favorite store Hudson's/ Dirt Cheap!  When a store goes out of business they go in and pick up all their stuff.  Then they sell it for.... you guessed it DIRT CHEAP!  The costumes were brand new and only 3 dollars a piece!!!!!  Kelton got a battle ax to go with his costume for 25cents!!!  I was thinking of all my thrifty friends in Idaho and I seriously think this store would be out of business if it were in Idaho!  There would be nothing left on the shelves.  All those couponer's would have cleared the shelves every Monday( :
 The pool is still open and these kids never get bored of swimming!  Every day they want to go to the pool!
Here they all are ready to do Swan Dives into the pool!  Kara's little friend comes over on Friday's to play.  She is an only child so she loves the chaos that lots of kids brings.  I have a soft spot for only children.  It just seems like it would be so lonely with out another sibling, but then again how would I know?  There was 7 of us and never a dull moment!  Come to think of it there's still never a dull moment to keep life exciting!  I don't even have to go to the movies to feel happy, sad, depressed, excited.... I'm just so glad I had so many siblings to grow up with and old with.  Like Kelton always says, "FAMILIES ARE THE BEST!"
Well I guess I better get to everything that I don't want to do.  Our neighbor came by the other day with an opening for a nurse in their pre op department and so now I have to get serious.  Fill out my license change for Mississippi, stress about going to work, beef up my lame resume, etc., and then wonder why did I volunteer to be room mom for 3 different teachers?  I just told someone the other day that I was not Superwoman, even though I wish I was because then I would be able to do all the things I want to and never stress!

No comments: