Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bummer!

These pictures really are not the bummer part of this post.  I just decided to put them up because well I love pictures.  Can I really have so many stories to tell?

 This is Halle on the swing Kelton rigged up!  For some of you this may be hard to believe that he tied a jump rope from the top story hung it over the side and then tied a loop in the bottom so they could swing on it, but for anyone that knows him this is no surprise.  Every time I look at it I think should I be letting them do that, could they get hurt?   Brent came home one night while they were swinging on it and asked me is the knot tied good?  Well it's holding everyone up.  Kara and Hayden have been staying after school for a special program so I just have these two little mischievous kids for a couple hours before the others get home.  It's funny how easy they are, they just come home do there homework together and then run off and play!  They never even ask me for a snack!  I think when kids get older they just are a little more drama.
 The other day Halle and Kelton were out eating icee pops.  Halle got some on her and rushed in and changed her clothes.  I said, "Why don't you just stay in those clothes and we'll wash them at the end of the day?"  She said, "No mom I don't like to be dirty!"  Little did I know she was not even finished with her icee pop!  She went through two more shirts just finishing her Popsicle!  Little Turkey!
Kelton is so patient with Halle and so helpful!  She just loves him to death.  Who wouldn't love a brother that is so understanding, helpful, loving, and patient with you!

O.K. for the Bummer!  Brent said, "We should make Chili!"  Which translates into "You should make Chili!"  So I find a recipe.  Got a lot of Stars so I decided to make it.  Run to the store, get all the ingredients, stop and even by beer for it at the convienence store (I'm going all out as you can see), old friend calls on my way home, make 10 trips up my stairs carrying one bag of groceries at a time because I don't want to hang up with long lost friend and also I just read that you can burn an extra 300 calories a day going up 10 flights of stairs (a flight is approximately 15 stairs and we have 14 stairs up to our house), then keep talking while making my chili, cut up chilies which caused me to almost die because I guess you can't inhale them (another post),  O.K. now getting ready to put in cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp just like recipe calls for), wonder why is cayenne pepper open (I had just bought a giant container of it),  look over and see unopened chili powder, think why is chili powder not open?, I just put a 1/4 cup of chili powder into my chili, realize chili powder and cayenne pepper are in same container and are the same color, gasp!  So from that out of control run on sentence or as I would call it artistic writing you understand why I am bummed.  I've got enough of the spiciest chili on the planet to feed a football team.  I actually have not even tried it because I don't like the way it smells.  I've heard that is a bad sign.  If you don't like the way it smells it probably won't taste that good either!  So after spending 3 hrs making Chili that no one is going to want to eat even if I do try to tone it down with pineapple juice I still have about 100 pots to wash.  I kept having to get bigger pots!  I did not realize it was going to make so much.  Anyone want to come for Chili.  Really hot food speeds up your metabolism!!!

1 comment:

Jared and Brittany said...

Hey Hucks Family! This is Brittany Johnson from Meridian ID. I came across your blog from the Payne blog. As I have been reading through your posts it breaks my heart to see your darling kids (esp - Halie)! Please give her a big hug from Sister Johnson. You guys look great - love your new family photo!