Monday, June 21, 2010

Trip with Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma took these pictures for me. This 1st one is one from when Heather,Brody, and Ryder were visiting. I thought it was cute so had to add it! That makes me miss little Ryder! Grandma and Grandpa took Hayden and cousin George on a little expedition up into the mountains!
They had a blast hiking! Hayden decided he needed hiking boots for his Birthday!

After they ate at a little restaurant where they watched this little hummingbird.

Hayden by the river.

George by the river wearing Natalie's favorite shirt(;
The boys hiked way up the mountain. Grandma told me that Hayden said they left a trail of rocks so they would know their way back!

Grandpa with the boys and their hiking swords!

Hidden in the trees.
Hayden and George!









I think there are some duplicates in here, but since they are already downloaded I am not going to go messing things up by deleting things. It seems whenever I do things like that I just make more work for myself and keeping up on this blog is all the extra work I need.
We have been having a nice summer. My camera broke again, well all it will take is pink pictures. I took it back to the place that said they would fix it the 1st time, so hopefully they really will fix it this time!
Kara and Brent sang in church and did a great job. Saturday night Kara had been really excited to sing in church and then she practiced one last time before going to bed and in the middle of the song started to cry because she said she was so nervous. I didn't think she was nervous a bit, but I guess I was wrong. I wish I could have video taped it.
We also took a little day trip to the Natatorium pool. I'm not a big fan of public pools, but it was really clean and not a bit crowded. The kids had a great time too. We've successfully worn Halle out everyday, and she has been found napping in many odd places around the house. She continues to want to look beautiful always. She seems to always be prepared with hats, sunglasses, and all the appropriate attire whenever we go anywhere.
We have really enjoyed living close to grandma and grandpa and appreciate all of their help. The kids love them!
The association is also putting on a play for our neighborhood. The kids all tried out and got parts. Hayden is Smee, Kelton is a pirate, Kara is a mermaid, and Halle is a Fairy! The lady putting the production on is amazing so I am sure it will be amazing. I am in charge of making 10 little mermaid costumes and Brent is in charge of choreographing the pirate fight scenes. Any ideas for mermaid costumes would be greatly appreciated. Kara, Kelton, and Halle are also taking swimming lessons and are so happy that they get to swim everyday for the next two weeks. Kara is begging me right now to put up our little pool in the backyard and make smoothies.
The kids have been doing great at all of their chores and I really have not gotten any complaints. I still feel like I am their personal assistant, but I am enjoying having them take on a little more responsibility. I think it is kind of like the story about the frog slowly boiling and never realizing he was being cooked until it was too late. Soon my kids will not even need me. Saying it like that seems a little sad. Well I think this has gone on long enough. Brent is asking at this very moment "Do we have any food in this house?" We have a fridge so stuffed full of food I can't get anything else in there, but no one can find food but me! No wonder they are all so skinny. Well I've used up my give me 15 more minutes line so I better end before they all starve to death(:
One more thing, Brent has been working from home and now has a famous line he uses all of the time it is "I'm not here!" Oh how annoying those three little words can be sometimes!!

No comments: