Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hello Spokane, Washington! Goodbye boat!

We took a very fast trip to Spokane well actually Banks Lake to deliver our boat to my oldest sister Kerri and her family. They bought our boat! The kids cried a little over the selling of the boat. I told them they had 10 minutes to cry over the boat and then they had to get over it(: This of course caused them to stop whining and crying. I don't know I guess when someone tells you to go ahead and cry about it you just don't really feel like it anymore!! Now I wish I had some pictures of us with my sister Kerri and her family, but I just got so busy there was no time for pictures!!
My brother Tyson is going to Law School in Spokane and let us stay with him, which was really nice, especially since they were not even home. He flew home the next day and we picked him up from the airport and then he showed us around the city of Spokane!! We did miss seeing his wife, Heather and their adorable little boy Brody as they were still in Utah!
Hayden was really sick the entire trip. I felt so bad for him. Here he is at Red Robin feeling absolutely miserable. We found out he had Strep throat and a bad case of some respiratory virus when we got home.

This is a waterfall with in the city of Spokane. Originally I had told Halle and Kelton to look for some waterfalls on our trip, but there were not any along the way(I was thinking of the drive to Olympia which is a beautiful drive). So this had to appease them.

Downtown Spokane has a beautiful park and an unbelievably fast Merry-Go-Round! The kids thought it was great!


It is a very pretty park! Kara, Halle, and Kelton playing on the blocks! We drug our kids all over the place. They were good sports. I did feel bad about all the driving they endured for our quick little jaunt!


Halle and Uncle Tyson! What a great brother I have!! Actually all my brothers are great!

Loved this slide!

Hayden even took a little ride down the slide after the Motrin and Tylenol kicked in a little bit!

Halle with the waterfall in the back ground. My sister decided to buy our boat on Saturday and so we jumped in our car on Sunday (which is amazing since it usually takes me an entire day to pack everything). We headed out at about noon and did not arrive until 9pm in Spokane. Just so you get a little taste of how the trip started and why the trip took sooooo long I will give you the details of our 1st stop. We had not even made it to the freeway and Brent decides to run into the gas station and get a few treat for traveling. He runs in and takes forever. Finally coming out with loads of sugary treats (gag, ex. he got Kelton orange soda and skittles, It actually makes me sick to write about it), then he says does anyone need to go to the bathroom??? Everyone yells yes except Halle. So they all go in to the bathroom (remember we just left the house 15 minutes ago where they all used the restroom). They all come out of the bathroom and buckle in and Halle chimes in with "I have to go poo poo" so we go back in to the bathroom where Halle goes to the bathroom(3 times and has to look at the jewelry on the way out too). Finally we are on the road, we continued to make stops like this all the way. We finally arrived in Spokane & spent the night at my brothers. Then drove the boat 2 hour to Banks Lake. We spent about an hour there and then turned aroung and drove 2 hours back to Spokane. We then spent a little time with Tyson and then headed back to Idaho. We only made it to Kennewick where we had to get a hotel room as we were too tired to keep driving. I have to admit it was pretty fun even though when I think about some of the details it should have made me think it was absolutely horrific!!

1 comment:

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

cute pics from the trip! I love the ballet pics as well :) The 'cry for ten minutes and be done' stuff is awesome... so gonna try that sometime :)