Friday, August 14, 2009

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY KELTON!

Kelton just invited a few little friends over for some fun on his Birthday. He decided he wanted to have a penguin party at the last moment, so we colored penguins and made little penguins. Kelton was King Penguin. It is funny how you make a party a penguin party by just saying Penguin in front of every game or thing you do!


Then we played about every party game you can think of! You can get through lots of games when you have such a small group! I think the high light was when during London Bridges Falling Down I accidentally sprayed myself in the face. The kids thought the was hilarious!

I thought they would swim longer, but they were so excited about the pinata that they did not last long in the pool!

Here is the whole group with all the presents. Thank goodness Dad came home about an hour before the party ended and livened the party up with a little music. I should have started the music a long time ago. I can't believe how much more fun it is with a little music!

Yummy!

No playing with fire Kelton!

Kelton wanted an Oreo cookie Ice cream cake! I was so glad I didn't have to try and make a penguin cake!

Kelton is my shy guy and even hid from us the morning of his Birthday because he was embarrassed when we would tell him Happy Birthday!

I asked Kelton "How does it feel to be 6 years old?" He replied, "It feels just like 5!"

Everyone, but Grandpa is excited about the gift(:

The family party! I really did not want to be in the picture, you know when you have those days when your thinking lets definitely make this a no picture day, maybe no one else feels that way, I'll blame it on hormones(:
Kelton was very excited about his birthday! I am going to try to find this cute little video I have of him when he was little. He is growing up so quickly! I really wish I could stop time for a while. I do love all my squeezes and loves that Kelton gives. Halle told me "Kelton is squeezing my arm again!" I told her she was lucky, because Kelton squeezes you when he really loves you! He does little intense squeezes on your arm when he really likes you. I love them. I hope he never stops.
I'm having one of those bummer weeks so I feel kind of bad posting this during one of those weeks when I feel like chicken little running around saying "the sky is falling!" Hopefully my mood is not coming across in this post, but if next week I read this and it is a downer I'll make it up to you Kelton!!(:

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That's a fun penguin party! I am so NOT creative, if my child asked for a penguin party I think I'd have tried to convince them to something easier! Love that you made little penguins and that oreo ice cream cake looks great and fits in too! You always look fabulous, so I don't believe you about your "not wanting to be in camera" day. :) We need to plan an evening to hang out again...maybe when school starts and is not so hectic!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

oops- sorry this is sarah- I posted as "kade stories" I gave kade his own little blog to write in...and I forgot to change the sign in name and now I can't correct it! :)

The Dobbs said...

Happy Birthday Kelton! Time really does go by way too fast. What's with the bummer week? Come back to Spokane and we'll chipper you up!! It's actually cooler outside so you wouldn't melt in my house this time. I'm glad you guys had fun with Ty. The pictures make me really sad I missed you guys.
Love ya lots,
HED
Oh, and about reunion. Don't plan anything around us because we have absolutely NO idea where or what we'll be doing next Summer. I think Ty takes the BAR in July, yuck!

Lyric Payne said...

The penguin party is awesome. I love the cupcakes. You really should have opened a cupcake shop! Remember that whenever you feel like the sky is falling a girls night out makes it all better. Call me!