Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr Day as told by a 6 year old!


Kara was in the back of the car with Kelton. Kara said, "you know why we are celebrating?" Kara then said "because it is King Martins Birthday, but it is really sad!" She went on to say, "white skins and brown skins could not go to the same school! White skins had to drink out of white drinking fountains and brown skins had to drink out of brown drinking fountains! And do you know what the worst thing was? Brown skins could not play with white skins!! Do you know Kelton that I would have had to go to a different school than you and Hayden and Halle, because I have brown skin and you guys have white skin? Well, you know what? King Martin changed all that and then they shot him! Right Mom?" She went on to say, "These white skins were not nice to King Martin and they made fun of him, but he worked really hard, and now we can all hold hands and love each other! They killed him though so it is really sad, but he helped so it is happy too!"

Kelton just nodded and listened while I tried to keep myself in check! I love to listen to thier interpretations of everything!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey Allison! I saw that you has a blog from facebook and wanted to check it out! Your blog is great. I love this story about Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is hilarious hearing the way kids think about things. I love that she thought she would have to go to a different school then her siblings. Too funny.

Kim said...

Oh that is so great! That just cracked me up. I love how kids interpret the world!!!

The Dobbs said...

That is hillarious! Little kids are the best. I'm glad Kara thinks she is a brown skin, funny!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

haha that is so cute! your kids are adorable Alli!

schlenskefamily said...

Very intelligent. In some ways I think that explanation is better than some we receive in school! Your children are adorable!