Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year!

Well a new year has begun and I don't seem to be able to get myself motivated! Even blogging has been hard for me! I have thought of a lot to say, but just have not wanted to write anything down! I guess sometimes you just feel like that, whatever that is! I have managed to kick myself out of bed every morning to exercise, which I have not wanted to do. I really have just wanted to stay in bed and sleep, but that just makes everything worse! I'm glad I finally learned that one. I also decided to give up carbonated drinks, due to my recent kidney stone! That is probably the reason I am dragging! I also have decided to eat better so have been eating broccoli like it is going out of style (lets see how long that will last). I like junk at night! Wonder if I'll ever be able to kick that bad habit! This blog seems a little blaw just like I am feeling! I think I am ready for Spring!!

Year in Review
O.K. lets see now that I am rolling I thought I would give a little run down of our year. O.K. lets see Hayden turned 9, played soccer, piano, went to scouts (which he loves), went fishing and caught a fish (which he also loved), learned to wake board, and learned to snowboard. Hayden reads like a maniac. He was tested at school and is reading at an 11th grade level. Hayden does what needs to be done and is very obedient! He likes rules and likes them to be kept.
Kara turned 6, started ballet, earned her orange belt in Karate, learned to read better, sang a solo in church (and did really good), tried to wake board, and learned to snow ski (which she loves). Kara is very sweet and always trying to please everyone. She is very helpful. She is always cleaning and trying to do what is right. She plays with Halle and Kelton is always very kind and loving with them. She loves everything girly! Here is an example of my thoughtful little Kara (story overheard by Aunt Natalie) Kelton had decided that his favorite friend was his cousin George. Kelton was going to tell his cousin Reggie that his favorite friend was George. Kara kindly told Kelton that he should not do this, because this would hurt his cousin Reggie's feelings.
Kelton turned 5, started preschool, got his orange belt in Karate, took swimming lessons, tried to wake board, learned to snow ski, and is learning to read! Kelton is our little love bug. If you are sitting anywhere pretty soon there will be a little person curled up in your lap squeezing your arm or holding your hand. Kelton is very sensitive. Halle on occasions has looked at him with a dirty look and made him cry (she can give dirty looks). Kelton said today "You know what mom?" I said, "What Kelton" and he said, "when Grandpa takes us to McDonald's he always lets us have a Happy Meal!" "He is really nice!" I am glad the simple things in life make Kelton so happy!
Halle turned the big 3! Let's see Halle loves Ballet, Grandma, lipstick, pappy, and blankie!! Every day Halle asks me to put on her Ballet clothes and then she says "Is grandma home?" Sometimes she'll answer and say "no she is at the store!" or "no she is at grandma Benges!" You can tell the excuses I have been giving her! If she sees grandpa or grandma she always tries to yell "Can I come to your house?" "I want to go to your house!" Halle also loves to sing. She sings all kinds of songs as she plays with her "girls"(princesses)!

We also went to lots of BSU games. My little brother Dallas played for the Broncos! I took a girls trip to San Francisco with some friends (very fun), we had an awesome Dobbs Family Reunion at Lake Cascade, did lots of boating, I planned the ward camp out for church (not so fun), Brent ran Robbie Creak (1/2 marathon uphill, very cold, very fast), we made a few trips to Utah to see Halle's Dr.'s and the Hucks Clan (very fun, Dr.-not so fun), and have spent lots of time with grandma and grandpa and George and Reggie while Brent has been reinventing himself.

As you can see our lives relolve around these sweet little spirits that add so much joy and chaos to our lives!!

No comments: