Thursday, January 22, 2009

HALLE's NEW OLD BED!

ThE BiG ReD BeD
I know she is 3 and most 3 year olds have been in a big bed for a long time, but she always just stayed in her crib. I think she could get out, but she just did not! Now she gets out and my mom told me this horror story about this baby getting stuck between the bed and the wall and so well obviously now she is in this hopefully safe bed!
Reggie, Kelton, and Halle in one of their many dress ups!
Halle telling me not to take a picture!
Kelton lined all the cars, trucks, and boats up through Kara's room and into the playroom! I think the mermaid Barbie may get run over, I don't know why he put her there!
Reggie and Kelton about to kill themselves! Halle watching and learning!
I am all about Safety, notice the bean bags (Grandpa close your eyes)!
Halle obviously distraught over the complete mess!
Kelton in another costume! This playroom needs some serious cleaning! We need Kara to come home! That is sad to say, but very true! She'd have the place looking spiffy in no time!


So we took down the crib and moved Halle to Kelton's bottom bunk! She is so Happy about it she can hardly stand it! She loves to show everyone her new bed! I had a hard time deciding what I should do with her and just decided she had to stay in the boy room with the sports and car decor.! She doesn't seem to care! Kelton is sharing Kara's very girly room with her and she is really resisting allowing her giggling bed buddy to move out! Every night after we kiss Kara and Kelton Goodnight as we are leaving (well as Brent is leaving I usually beat him out) they say about a million "Hey Dad's" (ex. Hey Dad how many stars are there? Hey Dad can you lay by us? Hey Dad can you tell us a story?, well you get the idea). So Brent has now limited them to only one "Hey Dad" each night! So the other night there "HEY DAD" was "Hey dad can you get mom?" Very good at prolonging their good nights!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I can't believe she jumps off the top bunk! I climbed up on Kade's once for some reason...and I was kinda scared! I don't know how they do it! ;) I went to check on them playing once a few months ago and Kade and a friend had a blanket and were trying to convince Kiera to jump off into the blanket and they would catch her. Thank Goodness she didn't do it!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

cute pics! you should have said grandpa and cousin Tara close your eyes...... holy schnikies! You are one brave woman! I love the "hey dad, can you get mom" lol it's hilarious, and smart! Thanks for signing Toby's page too. You are so sweet.

Laura said...

Alison, your kids are adorable. I really liked the picture(s) of Halle... I get a kick out of her. The one of her on the ladder and then the one with her hands on her hips... it's that red hair I think! How was your Christmas? Loved your card.
ps, CUTE bed by the way!

The Hyde's said...

Halle and Kelton are so cute. Halle looks like she can be a handful and lots of fun. I understand the bedtime thing. Ash and Cam are always trying to get us to stay in there room longer. One more hug, one more kiss, another story. I love your blog entries.

Nead Family said...

I'm glad Halle is loving her new bed! UUUuummmmm, where is the rail for the top bunk, Allison?! Aren't you afraid they will roll off and out of that top bunk! ;) Hey, you are a professional PB shopper...do you know if they sell touch up paint for their furniture? We have a bunk bed in the sun valley red and it needs some touch up. Your kids are as crazy as mine! Just think...one day we'll have houses with no toys laying around and I think we'll still miss these wild and crazy days!!!!