Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Haydenisms

9/29/08 Hayden came home today and gave Kara a ring he had gotten from school. Kara was so happy she was just glowing. Hayden did not tell anyone that he had given it to her, but she came down right away and was so happy. It is so nice when siblings do thoughtful things for each other. Hayden is sometimes a little competitive with Kara so I think it really meant a lot to Kara. Kara has not taken the ring off, she thinks it is so beautiful.

10/2/08 Hayden came to me and said, "Mom I have finally decided what I want to be for Halloween. I want to be a ghost, the only problem is they don't make costumes like that anymore!" Well I think I can make a ghost so he is happy about that!!

1/13/2008 Hayden was spotlighted at school today and he was suppose to bring one of his favorite books to school. He had chosen a book of poems "Falling Up". Brent said, Why don't you share the Warriors series with the class (It is Hayden's favorite book right now, he has read 12 of the 300+ pg books since school started at the end of August)? Hayden then replied, "If I bring that book all I will want to do is read all day, and I don't want to tempt myself!"

10/15/2008 We had lunch at school today with Hayden. He was very excited, although he remained cool, calm, and collected.

10/28/2008 I told the kids this year we were going to save our money and just wear costumes we already had. Hayden had been talking about really wanting to be a Jedi, so when I went to Target and saw that all the costumes were on clearance. I found one Jedi costume left in Hayden's size so I decided to buy it and suprise him with it!! When he got home I said go look on your bed, he ran upstairs to see, I thought he would come down and be vey happy! Instead he came down stairs very concerned, he said, "Mom I did not want you to spend your money on this costume, I do not need this costume." He was very concerned about using money we do not have! I love this very responsible little boy!!!

No comments: