Thursday, August 11, 2011

Down South!

Well here goes I'm going to try and do a little update!  I am a little behind, but I'm just going to start here and fill in later.  Oh one more thing I've decided to stop the automatic e-mail send unless you send me an e-mail saying you want me to keep automatically e-mailing this to you.  Grandma I'll keep sending it to you and Mom and Dad other wise you can just log in when you want to find out something about  us and then it won't be annoying to anyone.  I don't really want to be that person that everyone is saying Alison sent another e-mail blaa blaa blaa!

So here Hayden is the first day of school!  Looks a little nervous, but he did great!  He is very motivated by all the incentives!  Platinum, Gold, Silver cards are given for good behavior and grades.  Brent went in with him.  I was too scared!!!  Those kids are big!  Anyways Brent talked to all the kids and made a few friends for Hayden so he had someone to sit by at lunch.

 I'm in line to pick the kids up from school.  This lady stops on the train tracks and gets out of her car!!  Who would do that?  The trains are always driving through this town!
We went to the beach!  The air was 90 degrees.  The water was at least 95 degrees. The humidity was oh 90 percent!  Looks fun, huh?  I thought I was going to die!  Me and Halle were melting.  I keep saying I'm melting, and so Halle asked me the other day, "Can people really melt?"  She was glad when I told her they couldn't.  I'm sure she had been waiting for me to turn into a little puddle of water soon!  Poor girl!

 The kids in front of their very strict school!  Everyone sits boy girl boy even during lunch,  Everyone is Miss, Responses are all followed by Yes Ma'm and Yes Sir, No one is allowed to stand for any reason what so ever, No talking during lunch, One 15 minute recess, and lots of loud Ya all better sit in your seat right now!  I'm sure there are more rules.  I'm trying to learn them all too.  The other night Kara brought her homework home and had to do Bell Ringers!  What in the world are Bell Ringers?  I guess a bell ringer is all the assignments on a sheet of paper for a particular day!  For example Monday's Bell Ringers would be spelling math sheet etc.  Well I was thinking we had to make some sort of Bell Ringer anyways it really messed us up!
Kara organized her little area when we got here!  I thought it was cute!  We did not have any of our furniture at the time!

O.K. I'm going to try to give a quick run down even though this is probably the last thing I should be doing!  I actually have to finish putting my house in order, get Kelton something for his birthday today, take treats to Kelton's class, and pick up the tuba at the school, and go back to the school and pay for breakfast that Halle decided to eat today at school.  We took the bus for the first time today.  Kara and Halle were both crying by the time they got to school.  Kara got car sick from the ride and Halle is sad if anyone is sad and happy if anyone is Happy.  Anyway crying has become a common occurrence in the Hucks home.  Moving is just hard.  Kelton prayed ,"Please bless that we can have a good day at school and that no one will cry before we go to school!"  Well lets see our stuff finally arrived on Saturday.  Tons of ward members showed up to help us!  By the time we were done unloading everyone looked as though they had jumped into a pool of water and not dried off!  My little Keltonator was working so hard he was dripping and his hair was even wetter than when he takes a bath.  The kids were great help and they have battle wounds to prove it!  Kara counted over 20 mosquito bites, and the number grows daily.  Bugs Bugs Bugs!  That should be another blog!  By the way I have termites in the trees in my yard.  No one seems concerned but me!  Also there are jumping spiders, I guess they are good because I saw one jump on a termite and eat it.  Termites look like little weevils, YUCK!  There are also ants and bugs that roll into little balls so you can't see them. Oh and did I mention the raccoons that get into your garbage?  Really no big deal, and no one is concerned but me!  Back to the move! The kids started school next.  BIG shock!  Hayden entered military school so he's happy.  He gets to pretend like hes a soldier all day long!  He has 3 minutes between classes, and the consequences for disobedience are stiff!!  Kelton stated after going to his first computer class, "I'd rather have a bird pecking at my head all day than go to computer class with that teacher."  The next day he got the highest math score on his test.  He scored at a 4th grade level and so he got to be at the front of the line so it did get better.   So the other day Halle found one of her purses that had been packed.  It is a red sequence purse and she said, "Mom I need this I'm a FASHION Girl!!!"  "I love pretty things!"  Hayden was also giving a lesson to the other children over snack time on finances and HalleHalle's teacher has a helper named Miss Cooker.  Well miss Cooker keeps forgetting Halle's name.  So Halle said, "Miss Cooker your silly you keep forgetting my name!"  Guess who got into trouble?  Not Miss Cooker.  Halle said Miss Cooker is a grandma!  Her hair is gray and so is her skin!  Kara and Kelton describe everyone as tan and tanner.  O.K just so you know our school is about 50 percent white and 50 percent black.  They no longer believe that cousin Reggie is tan!  Well I could go on and on, but soon I am going to be berried by all my stuff!!!  Oh we do have very nice neighbors.  They loaned us some blow up mattresses and everyone is friendly.  Come visit, we actually live in a different country so you can check it off your list of country's you've been too.  I'll even teach you that language down here.  I'm finally saying it right.  I really do live down here!  I'll post more pictures later!  I don't have time to proof so I don't want anyone telling me I used the wrong context or spelled anything wrong.  If it bothers you just quickly push delete or have fun proofing, paragraphing, or just laughing at my crazy english!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was both laughing & crying when I read your post!! We miss you guys tons but are so glad to hear that you're getting settled in :) You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Love ya,
~Missy, Travis, Lexi, Clayton and Makenna