Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Boxes Are All Unpacked!

Monday I unpacked my last box!  In some ways I did not want to unpack the boxes just in case we had to move again, but then I decided I needed to live in the moment instead of fearing tomorrow.  So the boxes are unpacked and the house is kind of put together.  I still have some space issues I'm working on.  I wish Natalie was here to tell me how to decorate, and mom to tell me where to put stuff.  I'm trying to remember all the good advice from the last move.  Put away anything you don't like or are not using.  Don't leave junk on the counters, etc.  
Here are my Marti Gras girls with their masks.  Aren't those masks neat looking?  Halle asks every day "Can we go home now?"  Kara is still having a little bit of a rough time.  I don't seem to be helping the situation either.  It seems like we just keep missing things and the consequences are horrible at least from my perspective.  So last night me and Kara did homework for oh I'd say 3 hours speaking conservatively.  So I think we are all done, but I forgot to sign her reading log.  Then we missed a math sheet.  I don't know how that one slipped by me, but maybe it was because there were 3 other kids asking me for help on their homework all at the same time.  The first offense was Kara was moved to Yellow.  Second offense down to Orange.  Then extra work!  Then during their one recess she had to walk in a straight line around the play ground and no talking or playing.  Poor girl she is so good too, so I felt bad she was punished, because she try's so hard.  Then she got a little cold and really wanted to stay home, but if you miss 12 days of school even if they are excused you get held back.  Four kids in Kara's class were held back.  I went to lunch with the kids on Monday thinking that it couldn't be that bad, but it was.  There really is no talking during lunch and it seems to be that no one can smile either, because I did not see one child smile!  There was a little boy sitting across from me with his eyes down pulling the crust off his Bologna sandwich just the saddest little boy I've ever seen.  Oh and did I mention it really is boy girl boy seating.  Anyways I of course start talking to the kids like they are actually people.  They all just looked at me for a while.  I was saying things like "wow you all really can't talk at all?"  They actually can whisper after their lunch is all finished, so I waited to talk to them until they were done eating their lunch as not to get them into trouble.    The little boy perked up his head by the end of the lunch and told me that this was the first time he had ever talked at the school.  He had moved from another school.  The little girl kiddie corner to me said she had thought about putting together a petition, but she was afraid she would get into trouble.  For a second there I thought I was in some type of concentration camp.  I'm going to lunch again today.  I'm definitely going to get that boy girl boy thing changed!  Also no more yelling for the teachers!  Also no more humiliating consequences, I don't believe in humiliation as a good consequence!!  Kelton came home from school and said, "I just wish the teachers could be nice, and then it wouldn't be so bad!"


The girls room!  Halle sings and plays in here nonstop as soon as she gets home from school.  She is always cooking and taking care of her babies.  

 The kitchen is a little tight.  I put a desk to the right.  Brent thinks it makes it too tight, but it is good for all the homework!  Any better ideas?
 Family room area
 Closet!  I love a good closet!  So grateful for this nice closet.  Still needs some work, but it's functioning.

The bathroom!  The walls are Burgundy so I thought the pink was really going to clash, but I don't think it looks to bad!  Anyways I did not have time to take pictures of the rest of the house!  I've got to get to the school for Nazi lunch!!!  Maybe I should make my blog private again.  

1 comment:

Lyric Payne said...

I'm starting a petition! If Kara is getting punished, a petition is desperately needed. We miss you guys.