Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halle Thoughts!

Halle and I were having a discussion on why we can't touch our eyeballs. She said she really wanted to touch her eyeball and then decided she would try to touch it with a comb. I proceeded to tell her about why we should never stick objects in our eyes and how our eyes are very sensitive. I told her a story about a lady. Her brother had shot an arrow and it hit her in the eye, and now she can't see. She then asked, "well did Jesus come and help her?" I said, "No" and she said, "So did they drive to go see Jesus?" I said, "No I think they just drove to the hospital, you can't drive to see Jesus." Then Halle proceeded to pull a map out of the drawer and said, "Mom show me here on this map where Jesus lives." I then told her I couldn't show her on the map because heaven is not on the map." I then asked, "have you ever seen Jesus?" She said, "No, have you seen Jesus?" I said, "No, most people only see Jesus after they die." She looked at me and said, "I don't want to die" she then continued and said, "mom's don't die, right!" I said, "well everyone dies Halle, but most people won't die until they get old. You know Nanny she is getting older.... Halle piped in with "and great grandma is getting older too." I said, "yes, so we want to spend as much time with them as we can because they won't always be with us." She then said, "That will be so sad mom, we are going to be so sad with out Great Grandma and Nanny."
I love these little conversations I have with my sweet little girl.

I looked at her today and said, "I 'm sure going to miss you when you go to school all day!" She said, "I don't want to go to school all day. I think I just want to stay here with you." I hope she always stays so innocent and sweet. I'm sure she'll change her mind about being home with me all day. She loves to play with friends and would stay all day at someone elses house if I would leave her. Every time she has a playdate and I come to pick her up she says, "I didn't stay too long, mom!"

No comments: