Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Kelton!!

Happy Birthday to my little 7 year old boy! Kelton wanted a Boise Bronco party! He wanted his cake to be a Bronco helmet. He got the idea from his cousins birthday! So we borrowed all the stuff. I thought Kelton might not even know what was on the side of the helmet so I thought I'd put a big B or something easy. Right as I was about to put the B on he said, "mom don't forget to put the horse on the side of the helmet!" I looked at him and said, "how about just a B for Broncos?" He said, "but the helmet has a horse on it!" I said, "but I don't know if I can do that!" He said, "Mom Aunt Natalie made Reggie and George's cakes look exactly like the teams they like." (Thanks a lot aunt Natalie) So being the competitive not so artistic mom that I am I tried. He seemed happy with it, so I guess I did O.K.


Funny thing is no one even ate one bite of the cake! They all said, "No we don't really like cake!" Actually I was kind of glad, because I thought all the dye I had to put into the frosting might kill them, so it was probably one of those blessings in disguise!

Kelton really wanted a bike for his birthday, since the hand me down bike he had his older brother was always riding. He had it all planned out. He said, "mom so when you make the scavenger hunt for me to find the bike I'm getting for my birthday, make sure it's really hard, O.K." He really was not even going to get a bike, but I felt so bad we ended up doing a really hard scavenger hunt(well a lot of running) and at the end was the bike just like he had planned.



The party crew in their BSU gear! I talked Kelton into just a few kids. I think he was a little bit bummed, but he acted like it was alright. He does not like anyone to feel bad even me.

This is them on the scavenger hunt. We love our little Kelton. What's not to love about Kelton. Kelton is such a sweet little guy. Kelton loves to give squeezes and just over all is always trying to be good. Even if it is not his day to do the dishwasher he always jumps in and helps. If someone is crying about cleaning up Kelton will jump in and help to keep them from getting into trouble. Kelton's teacher asked me, "Does he ever do anything wrong?" Kelton adds so much to our family. He makes my job easy.


Kelton also likes to do everything perfect. He even thinks he should know things he has not been taught. Hayden was quizzing Kelton on the states and capitals and Kelton was getting so frustrated because he did not know the answers. He was determined to learn them all after I explained to him that there was no way he could even guess the state when he had never been taught them. I love this about Kelton. He is so determined even if he has to cry through it.

Kelton also always has something funny to say. I probably could have a whole book on the things Kelton says. He keeps us all laughing with out even trying.
The kids got their teacher progress reports today his teacher wrote, "Kelton is a dream studen! He is always on task and actively participates. Kelton gets aong with everyone. He tries his best on all assignments and completes work in a timely manner. He is a pleasure to have in class." Kelton has grown so much this last year. He has gained so much self confidence. I am so proud of how hard he works. I love you Kelton!!

No comments: