Monday, April 12, 2010

Life

These pictures are actually backwards, but you would never know since we are dyeing Easter eggs a week late. We got back late Saturday night from our little trip and did not have time to dye eggs. I kept telling the kids we'll do it on Monday and then Monday would become Tuesday and Tuesday would become Wednesday. Kara finally looked at me and said, "are we ever going to dye those Easter eggs?" Seriously I was beginning to doubt it myself.
Last night we finally dyed eggs. The kids loved it. I'm glad I didn't let life continue to get in the way of this fun little tradition.

Actually the project was uneventful. No one drank the dye or spilled the dye all over like in years past.

We made a short stop and saw Brent's good friend Matt and wife Ann. Brent went to high school with Matt. My parents also know the Marquis as my Dad actually baptized Matt's mom Cheryl. It is such a small world.

Matt and Brent! Matt is really good about keeping in touch, and we had a great time with them. I hope we get to see them again soon.

They also have 4 kids. There kids were really nice and fun kids. They all seemed to get along great.

Lots of car time. Me and Brent drove separate cars for half of the trip. He had to drop his car off in Utah for a tune up.

This was actually on the way home. The kids were really pooped out!

Couldn't help getting a picture of this sweet little sleeper.


I finally pulled my camera out for the trip. My camera is still broken, so the pictures are not very good.

Is she the cutest thing? We stopped and saw my brother Brady and sister in law Brandi. We had so much fun with them. There little Cozette is so cute.

Brandi had ordered butterflies, and the kids had a ball with them as you can tell.


Kara was doing her excited clap in the background of all the pictures.



Kara cried most of the way home about not getting to spend more time with Teja!






Can you believe this is the best picture I have of Halle and Roxie. They really did have fun together even though this picture does not show it!


This is the dog's toy in the garage. The kids thought it was a rope swing! AWESOME!

Brandi did the girls hair too. Kara thought I should learn how to do hair really fast like Brandi!

Kara was star student and made a poster for her class. She loved being the star student. She told me she had been waiting all year for this moment!


Kelton made this little bunny hat at school. As soon as he came in the door he said, "Mom get the camera, you've got to get a picture of this!"

We had to get a picture of the back pack bunny too.
We had a great little trip with the kids. I really did not want to come back to reality, but we had to. I guess that means it was a great trip or reality is really bad (:

4 comments:

Laura said...

How fun Al, I'm glad you didn't give up on dying Easter eggs- 'better late than never' is becoming my motto in life.
Looks like you had a fun road trip, I love seeing family and friends. You look sooo cute in that picture of the 4 of you.

The Dobbs said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Easter and vacation. We really wish we could've played with you guys this summer. Hopefully we'll still get to see ya a little. Thanks for updating your blog, I love to see the pictures!

Grandma-Grandpa Dobbs said...

Your children won't remember that you dyed eggs late...only that you did it! Good job making wonderful memories and thanks for sharing them with us!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Your kids are so so cute! And why wouldn't they be......you're their momma!! I passed on the easter egg dye this year.... gonna go post our easter in a second.... it was fun and less messy :)