Thursday, March 25, 2010

Almost Easter

Halle's little preschool class had an Easter Egg hunt at the park next to our house! The kids were all super excited to search for eggs.


I have decided that I don't really need a camera anymore. I'll just carry my SD card around and then borrow other peoples cameras. Hey that is a good idea. I'll just look around for someone that looks like they have a nice camera, and then ask them if they can take a quick picture for me with my SD card!

Halle more than excited about her loot! She asked me if I had seen the bunny hiding the eggs.

Halle with her preschool teacher and class!

A trip across the street to grandmas! The other day this little girl and her brother went out in our front drive way right before the big kids got out of school. I thought to myself "they really shouldn't be out there with out me. I could hear Halle's loud voice echoing from the drive way into the house, and at that moment I knew no one would ever kidnap her. They would take one look and think that kid is way to much trouble! They'd be right too. They would probably bring her right back! I do love this girl, even though she's trouble!

Halle is old enough now to ride her bike down grandma's little hill on the the path up to her door. A favorite hill among little children in the hood.

Trouble #2 (: had a singing program at the school! He did a good job singing even though he has decided he does not want to sing in public anymore. There were so many kids it was hard to see him, but he sang all his songs for us when he got home from school.

See the little bald spot on Hayden's head? No I did not do that to him. Yes I did cut his hair. Yes he is 10 years old and yes he did do that to himself!
He was showering in my shower and decide to use Brent's razor on his head. I don't know why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Afterwards he thought he should do another one on the other side so that it would match. He also thought a Mohawk would be nice, but Kara told him he should not do that because all the kids would be afraid of him (the little boy across the street shaved his head into a Mohawk and Kara's little friend is scared of him now).

Nanny came for the performance! Kelton tried to arrange a play date, but unfortunately he had to suffer and come along.

Grandma and Halle at the performance!

Dad came too.
Halle also has a new uncle named uncle Crank! She was naming all her aunts uncles and cousins and she said "oh yeah uncle Crank too, uh that's not right, what is the name again?" Uncle Frank and Uncle Creg makes uncle Crank! Every night she asks me to sleep by her and if I agree she proceeds to whisper shh shh at me (I'm never talking). Then she'll proceed to tell me she forgot to read her scriptures, so of course I can't object to that, and then she will proceed to read me the scriptures from her mini dictionary that she keeps by her bed. It is actually really cute listening to her make up what her scriptures say. On this particular evening every family and extended family member happened to be in her scriptures. She would say "oh yes what is that sisters name again" when ever she forgot one of the girl cousins or aunts names. I wish I had recorded her, see why I keep her around, she's a Turkey, but unbelievably loveable!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ah, I love seeing your Mom in pictures, give her a hug from me.
I love that little Halle, she could be a Dryden with that red hair. If you ever grow tired of her, send her over!
Love the story about Hayden shaving his head. I guess everyone has to do that once, right?
...and I think I like your idea of toting around an sd card and getting someone else to take the pictures ha ha.