Monday, March 8, 2010

Kara's BAPTISM!

The big day finally arrived and my camera died! Thanks mom and dad for the pictures! Uncle Frank also took some pictures for us, but I did not get them downloaded before they left so hopefully they will send me some to add to the occasion! My little Kara was so excited to get baptized. She has been counting down the days. She really wanted to follow Jesus and be baptized. I always feel like I do a bad job at teaching my kids about the gospel and about Jesus' life, but my little children surprise me by how much they know. Sometimes I think how are you learning all these things. I wish I was more like my little children. I love that Kara has chosen to follow Jesus and be baptized. I am so proud of her for all of the good choices she makes. She is always trying to be a good kind person. A little friend of hers mother gave me a little project that her daughter had completed at school. They were asked who do you think should be president? Her daughter had drawn a picture of Kara and then written "I think Kara should be President because she cares for others." We are so blessed to have Kara's wonderful spirit bless our home. We love you Kara.
Me Kara and Brent. I can't believe she is 8! It really seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital.

Everyone that came to the baptism. We were so grateful to everyone that came it really made it special for Kara. As you can see I am closing my eyes, but the other picture was only good of me and everyone else was blurry. Sometimes you have to take one for the group(:


Kara and her great Grandmas! They are both amazing woman that Kara has as an example! We love them both so much and felt so blessed that they could be there on Kara's special day!

The family! As you can see we did not get much sleep, as we were so excited about cousins being at our home and Kara getting baptized. I think Halle felt it the most! She fell asleep during the baptism talks, but we woke her for the big event.

We can't leave out 2 of our biggest supporters. Cousins Reggie and George! These guys always show up for everything and I think Kara considers them as her 2 other brothers. I almost said 2 big brothers, but Reggie is actually 18 months younger, but he is like a big brother he takes care of Kara! I think she is so lucky to have them look out for her.


Kara with her Grandpa and Grandma and her Manny (Grandma). Kara is named after 2 wonderful woman! Karalee my mom and Kara Lynn Brent's mom. We name Kara, Kara Lynnlee after her 2 grandma's. I think she is so lucky to have such wonderful woman as her name sake. They have blessed our life's in so many ways. I hope she grows up to have all of their wonderful talents and character traits.

This is us with Brent's family. His whole family was their except Jenny and her family, they live in Tennessee. Kara's little cousin has the same birthday as her and so will be being baptized this next weekend. We also were missing Cregs family, but Creg made the trip all the way from San Francisco area. Thanks for coming to support Kara. We loved seeing everyone.
Kara with Grandpa, Brent, Uncle Creg, and Uncle Frank who confirmed her. We had a barb-cue after and had a great time with everyone. The weather was great too!

3 comments:

The Dobbs said...

Great job Kara...we are SO proud of your decision to be baptized. Wish we could have been there for your special day.
Al- we are sad we didn't come for spring break but we are REALLY looking forward to the summer. Thanks for keeping your blog updated. IT's so fun to see what you guys are up to. It's ALWAYS fun times at the Hucks house! Love ya

Laura said...

Congratulations Kara!
Al, she seems like such a sweetheart. I'm glad it was such a special day for your family. I love those big family shots.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

You have such a beautiful family! Extended and all! :) Congratulations to Kara :) I love to hear about children who have that enthusiam and excitement about the gospel!