Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hayden wins Paramount Read-a-thon!

Hayden read 4290 minutes during the read-a-thon at his school. The funny thing is I did not even record every time he read. He love love loves to read. We actually take his books as punishment. I feel kind of bad doing it, but it really is the only thing that works. As top reader of his school he received 15 free books of his choice! Knowing how he loves to read we had been talking about different books he could pick, so I was more than surprised when he brought home 10 books for Kara and 5 books for Kelton. I was really proud of him for reading, but I was even more proud of him for being so thoughtful. These moments are the ones that make you so happy to be a parent! It may seem funny, but I almost cried when I saw that he had gotten all the books for his siblings (of course they were happy tears (: )!!

No comments: